Spring is here and you’re loving the blooming tulips, the longer daylight hours and especially the warmer weather. Do you know who else is loving all this warm weather? Your friendly neighborhood burglar. Read More
So you went to a business conference and heard that corporate blogging is all the rage. Everyone else has one—you need one too! You immediately returned to your office, installed WordPress and stuck a blog on your company’s website, where it languishes, collecting five, ten, fifteen views per day. Clearly you’re not doing it right. So, what do the best company blogs have that yours doesn’t? Read More
On this day in 1865, General Robert E. Lee surrendered to Lt. General Ulysses S. Grant, ending the Civil War. OK, so Lee didn’t have an actual white flag; just a metaphorical one. But by the time of the surrender, no one was particularly surprised; there had been signs of surrender for months.
Last night AMC aired the season six premiere of Mad Men. While we’re not about to let any spoilers slip, we can tell you that a few things haven’t changed much since season five: Don Draper is still pretty hot, and he’s still up to the same shenanigans. There’s family drama, personal drama and office drama. And we always learn a lot about marketing from the Mad Men (and women) of Sterling Cooper Draper. We thought we’d share some of the wisdom they’ve passed on over the last five years. Read More
At Signs.com, we obviously feel that signs are important. If you don’t know already, our company sells signs: vinyl banners, yard signs, magnetic signs… you get the picture. But even though we love signs, we recognize that there are different kinds of “signs.” Important signs that have, perhaps, even more impact than a well-designed vinyl banner. On this day in 1887, a “sign” changed a life. Read More
When a relationship is going fabulously, the world is a brighter place. Food tastes better, skies are clear and blue and you hum romantic songs under your breath at work. But when things start to go sour, the world seems dark, gloomy and hopeless. You’ll spend the next several months of your life trying to fix the problems in the relationship and agonizing over whether you should just break up or not, only to be left bereft and heartbroken in the end. To save you some time, we present the Top 10 Signs It’s Time to Break Up. Read More
If your kids participate in an extracurricular activity, chances are, you are their number one fan. It doesn’t matter if they play soccer, basketball, football, or if they participate in cheer or dance, you can show your support and be their (and their teams) ultimate fan by going above and beyond just showing up to every event. How you ask? There are countless ways, however in this post, I’m going to be talking about five of them. Read More
Since I began writing the blog for Signs.com a year ago, I can’t seem to get away from signage. It’s everywhere: along the freeway, on the parkstrip in front of shopping centers, even inside public restrooms. I see good signage. I see signage that is so-so. But I also see some pretty bad signage. Most of the problems that I see with truly bad signage could be easily fixed, if only the person who designed the sign knew what design mistakes to avoid.
At Signs.com, we print a lot of customized wall decals. Some of these are fairly large decals that people use to decorate their home or office, while others are small and simple, like wall lettering.
One of the more recent trends taking American homes by storm is printing and displaying quotes, usually motivational and uplifting quotes on several walls throughout a home. We’ve seen some pretty awesome quotes over the years and in all sorts of places… yes, even the bathroom, and wanted to put together a post on the ten most popular wall quotes.
If you like any of these quotes or have another you’d like to get printed for your home, you can build it in our custom design tool.
1. Chase Your Dreams
2. IN THIS HOME We do sharing. We do LAUGHTER. We do MISTAKES. We do real. Sometimes we do silly. We do our best. We do FUN. We do grace. We do I’m sorrys. We do LOUD really well.We do HUGS. We do family. We do AWESOME. WE DO LOVE
3. You’ve got what it takes, but it will take EVERYTHING you’ve got
4. Take your elbows off the table. Sit up straight; don’t slouch. Eat your vegetables. Use your knife. Wife your mouth. Don’t talk with your mouth full. Don’t slurp your soup. Ask politely and say please. Don’t chew with your mouth open. If you’ve finished, excuse yourself. Don’t chomp your food. Don’t eat with your fingers. Talk quietly. Be thankful and just eat your dinner
5. The KITCHEN is the heart of the home
6. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world
7. Pray as though everything depends on God. Work as though everything depends on you
8. Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great
9. Home is where the heart is
10. Dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ve never been hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth
Which of these are your favorite? Or is there another quote that should have made our list? If so, please share in the comments section below.
We recently found killer airfare to Disneyland (thanks Southwest) and decided we had to go. Because I can’t keep my eyes off of signage, I decided to take pictures of what I was looking at and show you the signs of Disneyland.