Types of Now Hiring Signs
Now hiring signs can be created using virtually any type of sign material. However, certain sign materials are more popular than others due to cost, effectiveness, ease of use, and display options. Here are the most popular sign materials used to create help wanted signs:
Vinyl Banner - 13 oz vinyl material with free grommets and hems. Great for larger outdoor displays. Learn More
Yard Sign - 4mm corrugated plastic with vertical fluting. Very cost effective, versatile, and easy to place. Learn More
Plastic - Solid plastic material offered in either a .12" or .24" thickness. Can be hung, mounted, or placed as a display. Learn More
Clear Window Decal - 4 mil transparent vinyl material with a low-tac adhesive. Great for window displays without obstructing views. Learn More
Feather Flag Banner - 4 oz polyester flag shaped as a feather. Very efective at attracting attention along roadsides. Learn More
The above materials are the most popular choices for now hiring signs. However, we also have a wide variety of other sign materials you can choose from to create your now hiring sign. Check out our to see all the sign types we have to offer.
7 Tips for Creating Effective Now Hiring Sign
Creating a now hiring sign or banner may seem like a straightforward process. However, if some major points are overlooked when doing so, you may end up with a sign that sparks zero interest and provides little benefit to your business. Here are seven tips to consider that will help you create the most effective help wanted sign possible:
1. Choose a Sign Type that Fits Your Needs - From banners to yard signs to window decals, you have a lot of options to choose from when it comes to what type of material your now hiring sign will be made out of. When choosing your sign type, consider where you plan on placing it, how big you want it to be, and how much you are able to spend. These factors will help you decide on the sign type that is right for you and your business.
2. Consider the Size of Your Sign - How big do you want your sign or banner to be? Generally speaking, the larger the sign the more attention it will receive. The size of your now hiring sign will also directly communicate to its viewers just how serious you are about finding new employees. An outdoor banner that is 10 feet wide sure says a lot more than a 6-inch decal placed in the corner of a window.
3. Incorporate Your Logo/Brand - Customization is 100% free on any sign at signs.com, and we encourage you to use it! Your now hiring sign will be much more effective if it includes your company's logo along with specific branding colors/fonts. Let people know that your business (and not just any business) is looking for new hires.
4. Have a Clear Call to Action - What are you hoping someone will do once they see your help wanted sign? Come into your store and ask for an application? Call you asking for more information? Send a resume via email? Whatever it is you want them to do, let them know!
5. Provide Your Contact Information - This tip is especially critical if you are using your now hiring sign in a different location than your physical store or business. Be sure to provide either your business's phone number, web address, email address, or physical address so the person viewing the sign can have some way of contacting you if they are interested.
6. Consider the Placement of Your Sign - Your we are hiring sign can be placed in a number of locations, including outside, inside, or in the window of your store. Just as with the size of your sign, the placement also directly communicates how serious you are about filling available job positions. Use the location of your store to your advantage. For example, if you are located right alongside a busy road, place your sign outside in a location that can be easily seen by people driving by.
7. Be Creativ - We've all seen the standard now hiring sign. A red background with big, bold, white letters. If you really want to stand out and attract attention, be creative with your sign! Our powerful online design tool lets you upload any image, select any color, customize text, and use nearly any type of font. Show off the personality of your business and create a sign that will be memorable!
Additional Hiring Methods
Despite everything seemingly moving over to digital, physical signage still proves to be an effective way to attract new employees to your business. Using physical signage is not the only thing you can do, however. Here are five additional effective hiring methods you can use to bring in the right person for the right job:
1. Leverage Employee Referrals - Never underestimate the power of referrals from your current employees. More times than not, one of your employees knows a family member, friend, previous coworker or colleague that would be a great fit for the position(s) you have available. To get started, ask them! If you are having trouble getting referrals after asking, you may want to consider implementing an employee referral program that offers rewards to employees that bring in qualified referrals. These programs are designed to bring in quality referrals who have the potential of turning into strong employees.
2. Promote Your Brand - Employees with good talent are generally attracted to businesses and companies that are well-known and have a reputable background. If you are in desperate need of new employees, you may want to consider launching some brand-awareness campaigns in your area to increase awareness and drive qualified candidates to your doors. There are several ways to go about doing this, such as updating the signage on the outside of your business, running billboard ads, setting up a booth or display at local job fairs, or using targeted digital ads. One powerful tactic to use when doing so is to show off any awards or achievements your business has recently received. Haven’t received any? Apply! There are many business awards out there that are either free or inexpensive to apply for.
3. Save the Paper and Go Digital - Still using paper applications? If you are serious about hiring, it’s time to say goodbye to these. Switching over to digital applications provides a wealth of benefits. Filtering applications and selecting top candidates becomes exponentially easier, and you will also give people the chance to instantly apply without having to come to your physical location. This means more applicants, giving you a bigger pool to choose from, and helping you get the hire you are looking for.
4. Post Social Media Ads - The power behind social media ads lies in the ability to target a very specific group of people. Looking for someone that lives within 10 miles of your business, has graduated high school, and is interested in topics related to your industry? No problem. Ideally, we recommend placing a digital application on your website, giving the user the ability to click on your ad and apply right away. You can also provide a call to action with contact information, leading ad viewers to contact you for more information about the position.
5. Create A Job Listing On Major Job Sites - Reach a huge audience of qualified potential candidates by creating a job posting on any one of the major job listing sites. Some popular sites include Indeed.com, Monster.com, and ZipRecruiter.com. And the best part? Most of these sites allow you to post your job listing for free with the opportunity to pay for premium positions in search results.