Mesh banners are similar to vinyl banners, but they use a mesh
pattern that allows wind to pass through. They are typically hung on chain-linked
fences but can be displayed in a number of different settings. They can be hung using
grommets or pole pockets. Mesh banners are commonly used to advertise for businesses at
a wide variety of events and sporting venues.
The ratio of vinyl to holes for our mesh banners is 70/30. This means that 70% of the
banner is comprised of vinyl while 30% is comprised of holes. This means your banner will have a slightly more
transparent or “muted” appearance than something like our vinyl banners which are 100% vinyl and thus result in
a more vibrant end result. This difference in vibrancy between solid vinyl and mesh is common across all
Next Day Production
Order by 9PM EST and we’ll have your mesh banner completed and shipped the very next business day.
Free Shipping over $75*
For mesh banner orders over $75 your order ships free! *Excludes rigid signs over 36" in either dimension
Award Winning Customer Service
Winners of numerous customer service awards, our customer experience team keeps you as their number-one priority throughout your entire experience with Signs.com.
Mesh Banner Features
Great for Windy Locations:
The 70/30 material to hole ratio allows wind to pass through this banner, preventing it from tearing or catching the wind.
Our mesh banners are digitally printed at a high resolution of 720 x 720. The full color print ensures that your design is displayed in a clear and professional manner.
Durable 8 oz Vinyl Material:
Our 8 oz vinyl is a high quality vinyl that is built to last. The material designed to resist damage from tearing, fraying, or ripping. It will also prevent fading in the sunlight. Average lifespan for these banners is 3+ years.
Weatherproof and Waterproof:
The perforated design combined with the 8 oz vinyl makes these banners a great option for outdoors. They can withstand both wind and rain. Unlike banners with wind slits, you don’t have to worry about them ripping or tearing.
Mesh banners are great options for large signage needs as they can be created in sizes all the way up to 10’ x 145’!
Wind-Resistant Vinyl Mesh
Vibrant Solid Vinyl
Ideal for use in windy environments
Ideal for displaying vibrant, strong colors
8 oz vinyl mesh material
13 oz solid vinyl material
70% Blockage (30% air flow)
Matte finish with full color digital print
Semi-gloss finish with full color digital print
Seamless size up to 10’x145’
Seamless size up to 10’x165’
A set of four premium bungee cords for easy installation of your banner. 14 inches long (up to 29" streched).
Hang your mesh banner with a set of four 10 foot pieces of 1/4" nylon rope. Outdoor rated. 132lb work load. 1100 tensile strength.
A set of six 1/4" zinc-plated steel hanging clips (carabiners) to help hang your banner. Load limit is 260 pounds per carabiner.
7 inch long white zip ties to fasten your banner to a fence.
.07 lbs per square foot (about the weight of 7 quarters)
.0120” (about the thickness of 3 sheets of copy paper)
8 oz vinyl mesh banner, UV and water resistant ink, hemmed edges, grommets, optional pole pockets.
Outdoor/indoor. Business and sale promotion, conventions, trade shows, fairs, street advertising, school events, parades and much more.
High resolution, digitally printed using UV ink.
3+ years with proper placement, care, and storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between your mesh, vinyl, and fabric banners?
- Our mesh, vinyl, and fabric banners are all excellent choices for your signage needs. But there are a couple of primary differences between these three types of banners.
Vinyl banners are the most popular banner that we offer and are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. The 13 oz vinyl that is used allows for an extremely durable banner that is tear and weather resistant. This is the same material that is used for billboards! The thickness of the vinyl does mean that larger banners will weigh more than mesh or fabric banners of the same size. Designs are printed on our vinyl banners using a 4-color, UV resistant ink, resulting in a vibrant and permanent design. These will work for both temporary needs and permanent needs with the lifespan varying depending on the end use.
Fabric banners are only suitable for indoor use but provide a high quality visible display regardless of this limitation. Fabric banners are made from a 100% 6.8 oz polyester, with your design printed using a dye sublimation process. Fabric banners are lightweight, easily hung and machine washable. These banners are durable in their own right but are not suited for any outdoor use. Typically they are used for presentations and other indoor events.
Mesh banners provide an alternative to our popular vinyl banners as a indoor/outdoor signage solution. Like vinyl banners these can work both for a temporary need and longer lasting permanent need depending on how the banner is treated and the actual end use. The biggest difference between mesh and vinyl banners is that the mesh is a 70:30 ratio of mesh and permeability. This mesh material allows for wind to more easily pass through the banner when used outside. In our experience our solid vinyl banners and the reinforced hem are perfectly suitable for outdoors. If you’re concerned about windy conditions then the mesh banner would be our recommendation before trying to do wind slits in a normal vinyl banner. Further, some cities and other organizations require a mesh material to increase lifespan of city or park banners. For both vinyl and mesh banners we recommend taking the banner down in extremely windy conditions.
- How much light will the banner let through? Is the printed portion visible?
- It’s difficult to quantify how much light will be let through your custom mesh banner. But it is easy to say that there will be way more light let through than a solid vinyl banner! The mesh banner has a 70:30 mesh to solid woven design. This ratio should allow plenty of light through if you need it to come through yet still make the printed portion of the sign visible. Though, again, in contrast to a standard vinyl banner your printed portion won’t be as visible from far distances due to the mesh fabric it is printed on versus being printed on a solid background of the standard banner. In both cases, the mesh banner and standard vinyl banner are excellent products for their specific purposes.
- What are the benefits of choosing a mesh banner over a vinyl or fabric banner?
- Mesh banners are a great in-between banner in comparison to their vinyl or fabric counterparts. If you’re looking for an outdoor banner that’s lightweight and wind resistant, a mesh banner is a great choice. The mesh design will allow wind to travel through the banner, whereas a vinyl banner can potentially catch the wind if it is placed in consistently windy conditions. The mesh allows for outdoor use whereas the fabric banner can not be used outdoors.
- What thickness are your mesh banners? Do you offer other thickness options?
- Our mesh banners use a 8 oz vinyl material. Currently we do not offer any additional thickness options for our custom mesh banners.
- Do you print double-sided mesh banners?
- We do not offer a double-sided mesh banner option at this time.
- What are the minimum and maximum dimensions of your banners?
- For our standard mesh banners without pole pockets we offer sizes anywhere in between 1’ x 1’ and 10’ x 145’. So even if you need a large mesh banner it’s very likely we can do it! For mesh banners with pole pockets we offer any size in between 1’ x 1’ and 9.5’ x 145’.
- Will my large mesh banner have seams?
- Larger banners over 10’ x 145’ will be formed from multiple pieces of banner material welded together, resulting in seams that will not affect your design.
- Are your mesh banners a matte or gloss finish?
- The material of the mesh banner will have a natural matte finish. When your design is printed on the banner, it too will have a matte appearance.
- Can I change the number or spacing of the grommets?
- We currently offer grommets spaced about every 2', and in the 4 corners of the banner.
- Can I order a mesh banner with pre-attached rope to secure it to posts?
- You can add a set of four 10-ft. pieces of nylon rope in the design tool; the rope is not pre-attached. If you prefer a different hanging solution, you can also opt for bungees, hanging clips, or zip ties.
- What kind of printing process do you use for your mesh banners?
- Your design will be digitally printed directly onto your mesh banner using UV ink. This will give your design a permanent adherence to the banner material that will resist scratching and fading when properly cared for.
- Are the edges of your mesh banners hemmed?
- All of our mesh banners come with hemmed edges at no additional cost. This option provides extra durability for your banner. You do not have to do anything extra in order to get hemmed edges.
- Do hemmed edges or pole pockets affect the printed area of the banner?
- Whether you have a pole pocket or hemmed edges included on your banner, your design will still be printed on the maximum area of the banner.
- Are your mesh banners hand woven?
- Our mesh banners are not hand woven, they are machine fabricated to ensure that they are of the highest quality and durability.
- Can I cut my banner to shape? I.e. a star banner?
- Currently at this time we cannot cut your banner to shape. If you’re looking for a sign that can be cut to shape, we recommend using an aluminum or rigid plastic sign.
- Are your mesh banners fire resistant?
- The vinyl mesh is heat resistant up to 180F but not fire resistant. We do not recommend hanging your banner near an open flame.
- Do you sell banners with pole pockets? What should I know about pole pockets and the ordering process?
- Yes, we offer pole pockets as an option with our mesh banners. To order a mesh banner with pole pockets, simply select ‘Pole Pockets’ under the options tab in our design tool and you will be ready to go.
The pole pockets are 3” diameter pole pockets. We currently offer 3” pole pockets on the top and bottom of your vertical or horizontal banners.
- So are your mesh banners made out of plastic or vinyl? What's the difference?
- Our mesh banners are made from an 8 oz vinyl material, which is derived from a man-made plastic substance. Vinyl is composed of a flexible polyvinyl chloride (PVC) which is durable and long lasting. Since the banner is made of vinyl, it is therefore made of plastic as well.
- Can I make a vertical banner instead of horizontal?
- Yes, you can make your banner vertical or horizontal. If you want a vertical banner, make sure that your design is suitable for the dimensions of a vertical banner.
- Do you do personalized birthday party banners that include a picture or photo?
- Yes, we can create a personalized birthday banner with a photo or picture. We accept a variety of file types, including .AI, .EPS, .PS, .PDF, .JPEG, .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, .BMP, .TIFF and .TIF.
- How do I create a picture or photo banner?
- Start by clicking on the “Get Started” button, then choose the blank template option. We also offer a link to a blank template under our “popular templates” section. Once in our design tool, click on “Upload Image” button under the “Design Tools” tab on the left of the page. Image files can be 25MB or less, so make sure that your file meets that criteria. With your image uploaded into the design tool, you can arrange it and add complementary text to your banner. If you’re having trouble or need additional assistance in designing your banner you can contact us for free design help or even just uploading help for larger files.
- What are typical uses for your mesh banners?
- Mesh banners are typically used as a means of displaying indoor and outdoor promotional or advertising signs. Typical uses include storefront displays, birthday parties, advertising sales or offers, school events, sporting events, grand openings, street signage, small business signage, local fairs or charitable events.
Perhaps one of the most common uses of the mesh banners is for chain link fences at sports complexes, schools and parks everywhere. For the sports complexes these work great to advertise sponsors yet allow visibility through a practice field or as a game is being played. Likewise, mesh banners are often used on construction sites for the same reason. They can help obscure some visibility while also advertising a message. This use is so common that mesh banners are even sometimes referred to as “fence banners”. The sky's the limit when it comes to uses for a custom mesh banner.
- Are your mesh banners weather resistant?
- Mesh banners are designed to be both UV and water resistant. With that in mind, a banner will hold up in rain, sunshine, or windy conditions. Frequent exposure to the elements over a long period of time may result in your banner losing a degree of durability and shorten the lifespan of the banner.
We also recommend, despite the mesh material, that the banner be removed and stored if extreme weather of any type is imminent.
- Will my banner tear in the wind if it is oversized?
- Mesh banners are designed to be wind resistant due to the mesh pattern which allows wind to pass through the banner. Even if you have a large banner, wind should not cause the banner to tear at anchor points or throughout the mesh pattern as long as it is secured correctly. Though as noted above the banner should be taken down before and during any extremely windy conditions.
- Will the design on my banner fade over time?
- The UV resistant ink used to print your design will provide a lasting banner for many years to come. Frequent exposure to high amounts of sunlight could cause the quality of your banner to diminish faster than if the banner was placed out of direct sign or stored properly when not in use.
- Will my banner printing scratch or rub off?
- The UV ink that is used to print your design is durable and long lasting which will provide resistance to scratching or being rubbed away from the vinyl.
- Can my mesh banner come with a banner stand? Can I make it a retractable or a pop-up banner?
- We do not offer any stand options for our mesh banners. If you’re looking for a banner that has stand options, we sell feather banners, teardrop banners and X-Stand banners which can be attached to different optional stands.
As for a retractable or pop-up banner, we do not currently offer the option to make mesh banners compatible with our retractable banner. Our retractable banners are made from 9 oz. fabric or 13 oz. vinyl.
- How do I hang my banner?
- We offer a variety of ways in which you can hang your banner. You can suspend your banner using rope, string, zip ties or bungees. All of our mesh banners come standard with grommets which allow for easy hanging with a number of different materials. Mesh banners also have the “pole pocket” option which provides a place to secure the banner to a pole. This option can be found on our design tool in the options area. These pole pockets are 3” diameter pole pockets and are placed on the top and bottom of your custom mesh banner.
- How do I store my banner?
- When not displaying your banner, we recommend rolling your banner up and storing it in a place where it won’t be damaged or stepped on. It should also be placed in a dry location at room temperature.
- My banner is wrinkled - how do I remove the wrinkles?
- If your banner is wrinkled or creased, we suggest using a handheld steamer to remove any creases. Placing the banner in sunlight while being pulled taut can also help remove wrinkles. Do not use an iron, this will permanently damage your banner.
- How do I wash my banner?
- You can clean or wash your banner using a wet cloth. This will remove most surface dirt that could accumulate on the banner.
- Can I use a washing machine to clean my banner? What about a tumble dryer to dry it?
- The material of the banner is not suitable for use in a washing machine. A washing machine could damage the threading of the mesh throughout the banner. We highly recommend not using a tumble dryer to dry your banner as this may also result in permanent damage to your banner.
- Can I recycle my mesh banner after I use it?
- Vinyl is recyclable material that many companies use to repurpose the material as other products. Old banners can also be given to organizations that are looking for a similar display or promotional banner to use. Many cities allow for these banners to be simply discarded in a recycling bin.