Floor decals are adhesive graphics made from 3.4 mil vinyl primarily used for advertisement purposes in your retail store or business location. Their thin nature and certified slip resistance makes them durable enough for foot traffic yet not so thick to be a hazard or nuisance to customers.
Floor graphics can last up to 3-5 years with proper care but can also be easily removed after a short period of time if needed. This semi-permanent nature makes them perfect for in-store promotions and sales, directional needs, manufacturing and warehouse facilities and much more.
These custom vinyl floor graphics are
easily installed on non-porous surfaces such as hardwood, tile (w/o grout lines underneath), laminate, and sealed
concrete. Before installing a floor sticker you should make sure that the surface has been properly
cleaned and prepared for the decal.
Smooth Sealed Concrete
Our floor decals are compatible with virtually any indoor surface!
Floor decals will not work on porous or non compatible surfaces such as unsealed concrete, carpet or areas that are dirty, stained (oil, chemicals, etc.), or wet.
Your floor decal will be cut as a standard rectangle. The default shape you’ll see in our design tool.
Your floor decal will be cut to the exact shape of your design. For complex designs a Custom with Border cut may be required.
Custom with Border
Your floor decal will be cut in the general shape of your design with a small (¼”-½”) border around the entire design.
Similar to our standard cut with the exception of your floor decal having its corners rounded off at a 1/4" or 1" radius.
Your floor decal will be cut in the shape of a circle or oval, depending on the dimensions you have selected.
*Sharp points or angles contained in the design may result in shearing and make the decal more difficult to install. Need help with design? Contact us for free design services. We’ll be more than happy to help!
Vinyl floor decals are designed for 6-12 months in heavily trafficked areas, or 3-5 year with little/no foot traffic. Once installed, they are not repositionable nor reusable. Floor graphics are intended to be a one-time and semi-permanent temporary signage solution.
To properly install your custom floor decal the surface must first be prepared before application. The application surface should be a smooth, non-porous indoor surface such as hardwood, tile, laminate, or sealed concrete.
- Sweep the surface free of debris and dust for proper adhesion.
- Ensure the surface is dry. If the surface is covered in grease or otherwise unclean, mop the area then allow it to dry before applying your graphic. A commercial degreaser may be needed for stubborn substances.
- Avoid applying your graphic over any loose, unwanted substances that may affect the graphic’s ability to properly adhere: namely; caked dirt, loose gravel, oils, grease, sand, etc.
Installation of large decals should be done with two or more people. Once your surface is cleaned and completely dried, remove the white paper liner from the adhesive side of the decal. (For best results, ensure you place your decal precisely where you want to place it. Removing the decal and attempting to reposition it may result in unwanted creases and may weaken the decal’s ability to adhere.)
Starting at one end of the vinyl decal, use a squeegee to slowly and smoothly adhere the decal to the installation surface making sure to press over the whole decal so that it adheres to the surface beneath.
The decal will begin to adhere immediately and will be ready for foot traffic once applied.
Do not clean graphics for at least 24 hours after installation.
Floor stickers are removable but not reusable. To remove your vinyl decal begin by lifting the material from the installation surface at one end, pulling the material up in quick short strokes at an angle less than 45 degrees, and continuing until the material is completely removed. Depending on the installation surface and how long the graphic has been installed there may be some leftover adhesive. You can remove leftover adhesive with an adhesive remover that is safe for your installation surface. Your decal should come cleanly off of most smooth surfaces for up to 6-12 months after application. Removability becomes more difficult after 6-12 months of continued use.
EASY TO USE DESIGN TOOL
Create your custom floor decal with the easiest and simplest design tool in the
signage industry. Upload images, create objects, add text, adjust sizing, change color, and so much more!
Check It Out
FREE PROFESSIONAL DESIGN SERVICES
Whether you need help uploading your design or are interested in creating
something entirely new, our team of professional graphic designers is here to help. Nothing beats free!
.14lbs per square foot (about the weight of 14 quarters)
3.4 mil calendered vinyl with a 4 mil laminate covering. Flexible. UV ink printing. Color and finish is a glossy white. 90# liner that is easily removed at installation.
Interior only. In-store business and sales promotion, trade shows, fairs, directional signage, manufacturing and warehouse settings, shopping centers and malls, arenas.
Four color process, weather, fade and abrasion resistant UV ink.
6"x6", 12"x12", 24"x24", 36"x36".
Award-Winning Customer Service
Winners of numerous customer service awards, our customer experience team keeps you as their number-one priority throughout your entire experience with Signs.com
Certified slip resistance with a protective laminate overlay
Cuts, sizes, and design specific to your needs
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are your floor decals made out of?
- Our custom floor decals are made out of a thin adhesive vinyl. This vinyl material has proved to be a durable yet aesthetically pleasing option for floor signage.
- How thick are the decals? Do you offer different thicknesses?
- The floor decals are 3.5 mil thick which is about .0035 inches. We do not currently offer alternative thickness options for our custom floor decals.
- Are floor decals the same thing as floor graphics or floor stickers?
- Our custom floor decals are an adhesive vinyl that can be applied to most floor surfaces. They are similar to a sticker which uses a sticky or adhesive backing to stick to the desired surface. Although, the term “floor sticker” isn’t as common within the signage industry. The more common terms are “floor decals” or “floor graphics”. It is important to note that these custom floor graphics are semi-permanent and designed for one time use. They are not intended to be applied and then removed or repositioned once the adhesive sets in. Doing so will ruin the decal and make it unusable.
- Are your floor decals covered with a laminate?
- Yes, our custom decals come standard with a gloss laminate covering. This helps protect the decal itself from damage and dirt and grime. The laminate, along with regular care and maintenance, should help keep the printed decal looking clear and bright.
- Can my custom floor decal be cut to shape?
- Yes! There are several different shape options to choose from for your floor decals, including Square/Rectangle, Rounded Corners (¼” or 1” radius), Circle/Oval, Custom or Custom with Border.
The Custom shape option (previously known, or sometimes referred to, as Contour Cut) allows you to either upload a custom shape to our design tool or have us create a custom shape for your sign based off of your design. The Custom with Border shape option (previously known, or sometimes referred to, as Halo Cut) is similar to the Custom shape option but will leave a small border around the edge of your design.
- What is the minimum and maximum size of the decal?
- The smallest your floor decal can be is 4”x4”. Any smaller than a 4”x4” will result in print clarity that is less than ideal due to the standard printing of our industrial printers. The maximum dimensions of our floor decals are 50” by 240” in either direction. Assuming you keep one dimension under 50” then your second dimension shouldn’t be a problem as the maximum equivalent is 20 feet long!
- Are there standard sizes of your decals?
- You can customize your floor decal to whatever size you may need but we also offer the following standard sizes: 6"x6", 12"x12", 24"x24", 36"x36".
- Will a 4 color decal cost more than one or two colors?
- While some companies offer a cheaper price for printing in only one or two colors we believe that this really limits your ability to design a sign that will look good. Thus, we print all of our signs in full four color process. Thus, regardless of your design and the number of colors it requires it will not increase your price. The only time color will affect your price is if you request a color match with a Pantone color. If you need to color match please contact us to discuss pricing and the process.
- Are the floor decals 3D? Do you offer 3D floor decals?
- While there are a lot of amazing 3D floor decals out there we don’t currently offer any 3D floor graphics. Our decals are two dimensional and are simply applied to the flooring surface. Of course, you can create a 3D look with your graphic which will come out looking great.
- What is the color of the default material?
- The default material of our floor decals is white. Similar to how most graphics are printed, any white in your graphic will utilize the white of the material instead of a white ink.
- Are the decals intended for interior or exterior use? Are they weather resistant?
- Our custom floor decals are intended for interior use only. Using the decals outside may damage the product or result in the product wearing at an accelerated speed. They are not weather resistant because they are not intended for outside use.
- What is the lifespan of the decals?
- Assuming the decals are placed and used only for interior use, they can last for as long as 3-5 years with proper care and maintenance. However, we typically recommend replacing the graphics from the floor within a year of installation.
- Will the printed portion of the decal fade?
- No, not only will the laminate covering protect your custom printed floor decal but we also print with fade and abrasion resistant ink.
- Are they slick? Are they going to cause my customers to slip and fall?
- Our floor decals, notwithstanding the laminate covering, are non-slick and non-slip. Rest assured that you can place them in high traffic areas and not be concerned about your customers or clients slipping when walking on them. The caveat is any wet surface. Like any other surface that is wet, there is no guarantee that the decals will not be slick when wet. Because we are not installing these decals, we will not be held liable for injuries or damages from a slip and fall accident.
- Will the decal ruin the surface of the floor or the flooring itself?
- Our decals should not damage the surface where they are applied. The only potential difficulty is the removal of long standing decals. Decals that have been in place for an extended period (greater than one year) can prove more difficult to remove. We recommend a sharp edge that won’t cut or scratch the flooring surface but that can act as a tool to help peel the decal away from the floor. A mild cleaner and rag or brush of some sort may be needed to help remove residual adhesives.
- What types of flooring can the floor decals be used on?
- Any smooth non-porous interior floor surface can be used for our floor decals. Surfaces such as rough concrete, dirty or stained (oil, chemicals), wet, etc. may not allow the decal’s adhesive properties to work properly. Ensure that the surface where you are applying your decal is the smooth, clean and dry before applying.
- Can floor decals be driven on? Can I place anything on them?
- To prevent damage to your custom floor decals avoid driving over them with vehicles, fork lifts, or other heavy equipment. Heavy equipment, vehicles, and abrasive objects like pallets can cause permanent damage to these floor graphics. Avoid contact with any abrasive materials or sharp objects.
- What are the typical uses of your custom floor decals?
Custom floor decals have a wide variety of uses depending on the industry. In most cases they are used as a way to promote an in-store sale or promotion. Another common use for floor decals in different settings (retail, conferences, schools, etc.) is directional usage. Whether there is one with an arrow or an actual path to follow these decals work great for moving people through unfamiliar locations while advertising the product, sale, or event. Shopping malls often use them for both directional purposes and to drive foot traffic into store locations. Safety and regulation floor decals are almost always seen in manufacturing and warehouse settings. Another common use of the decals by individuals is for receptions and weddings. They are often used to display a monogram, the names of the wedding couple and more to complete the wedding decorations.
- How do I install my floor decals?
Installation of your decals first requires a clean and dry surface. Once you’ve cleaned the surface and let it air dry you are ready to install the decal. For larger decals we recommend using two people to install the graphic. This will help prevent the decal from sticking to itself during installation.
To install the decal simply remove the backing protecting the adhesive and apply the graphic to the floor. It is recommended that you slowly apply the decal from one edge and work in the same direction. Apply the decal slowly and ensure that no air bubbles or pockets remain. If there are air bubbles carefully pull the decal up and reapply before continuing with the installation. If you do create some air bubbles, they can be removed with a very tiny puncture where the bubble exists. After the puncture, slowly press the air from the bubble out. We only recommend this when the air bubble or pocket is discovered after applying and it is impossible or not sensible to remove the entire decal to smooth it out.
- Does installation require more than one person?
- Large decals should be installed with more than one person. This helps ensure that the decal’s adhesive side doesn’t stick to itself during installation. Installation for smaller decals can be done by one person.
- How do I remove my floor decal? Will it leave behind a sticky mess?
- Generally speaking, the removal of decals should not leave behind a mess nor be difficult to remove. As noted above, decals that have been in place for longer than a year or exposed to more extreme temperatures can prove difficult to remove. In either case the decals can be removed by slowly pulling the decal away from the surface. Residual adhesive can be removed with cleaner and a brush or rag.
- How do I wash my floor decals?
- The laminate covering that comes with the decal should keep your decal clean and vibrant. Nonetheless, regular light cleaning with a mild detergent and wet rag or cloth will help keep the decal looking great. Avoid power washers and floor buffers when cleaning your floors/decals.
- How do I store my floor decals?
- The floor decals are intended for one-time use only. Thus, when applying your decal be certain that you are putting it in the correct place. Removing the decal causes stretching and damage to the graphic.