Custom Acrylic Signs
beautiful signs for offices and lobbies
Acrylic signs are made from a cast polymer that is colorless, transparent and durable and is a perfect substitute for traditional glass. Because of their depth, clarity, and beauty they are often used as lobby, directional, and architectural signage.
Acrylic signs are made with UV ink printed directly onto the material. However, they can also be used as rigid substrates for attaching vinyl lettering or print films like opaque and clear window decals.
Acrylic signs are excellent choices for a simple yet beautiful look for any office, business, or professional setting. They are 100% customizable and one of the best ways to showcase your logo or brand.
Acrylic signs can be printed on the front or back of the surface both of which offer different advantages. Printing on the front of the sign is called "Standard" while printing on the backside of the acrylic is called "Second Surface".
While Standard printing is cheaper, for most custom acrylic signs we recommend Second Surface printing. This type of printing creates a depth and sheen that Standard printing does not have as well as being less likely to be scratched or damaged once installed.
Bright lights can sometimes cause some glare on signs printed with the option of Second Surface.
Softer and indirect lighting negates this potential drawback of Second Surface printing and it is still the more commonly ordered print surface.
The default thickness for our acrylic signs is 1⁄8" thick. For almost all uses this thickness will be sufficient.
Nonetheless, for a thicker acrylic with added durability and rigidity we offer a 1⁄4" thick option at a slightly more expensive price. The thicker acrylic also offers a greater light refraction for more sheen and depth.
Both thickness options do have some bendability to them. When ordering either thickness, we recommend that you select centered top and bottom drilled holes in addition to the four corners for added support for all signs greater than 60".
This is a raw machine cut, leaving acrylic with a frosted looking, unpolished edge.
This finish gives the edge of the acrylic a smooth polished edge with a sheen. Only available on signs under 48".
Drilled Holes & Standoffs
The predominant way of displaying your custom acrylic sign is mounted on a rigid surface such as a wall. For easy hanging we offer optional drilled holes for your sign.
We offer drilled holes in:
- • Each of the four corners
- • Top and bottom center
- • Top corners only
- • Corners and top and bottom center
- • Custom hole placement
The perfect pairing with drilled holes are our gorgeous brushed anodized aluminum standoffs. These standoffs are an optional purchase and measure 0.5" in diameter and 0.75" in length.
To install your acrylic with our aluminum standoffs please refer to the installation notes included with the standoffs.
Acrylic easily scratches and can chip or shatter when mishandled. To prevent damage to your acrylic sign we recommend that you properly install, maintain, and care for your acrylic. In the event that you need to clean your acrylic sign we recommend using a damp non-abrasive cloth to wipe the surface. Avoid contact with any sharp objects that may scratch the printed surface or acrylic. When storing your acrylic sign be sure to cover it with soft fabric or packaging wrap to prevent scratches from occurring. Do not place any objects on or against your acrylic sign during storage. For increased longevity install your sign in locations that aren't in direct sunlight for extended periods.
The surface of acrylic signs is easily scratched. In order to protect your acrylic signs during shipment we add a protective blue film to the acrylic surface.
This film is normal and isn't a permanent part of your acrylic sign. The process to remove the blue film takes only a minute or two. Simply begin at one of the corners of the sign and start pulling the film from the surface of the acrylic. Once the protective film is removed your sign is ready for installation.
.69 lbs per square foot (about the weight of 7 Snickers Bars)
.125" (about the thickness of 32 sheets of copy paper)
.25" (about the thickness of 64 sheets of copy paper)
Gorgeous professional signage that is 100% customizable. weather resistant, printable on either front or back and safer than traditional glass. Transparent where not printed.
Indoor/Outdoor. Office, hallways, conference room, building signage, lobby, directional, etc.
Four color process, eco-friendly, weather, fade and abrasion resistant UV ink
5+ years with proper placement and care
12"x12, 24"x12", 36"x18", 2'x4', 4'x4', 4'x8'
While acrylic has some similar properties to glass they are completely different materials. Acrylic maintains the clarity of glass but still has the ability to shatter or scratch due to intentional or unintentional efforts to do so. So while acrylic may be called a "glass substitute" this is due to its beautiful printed appearance and not a fundamentally different durability when compared to traditional glass. When handled with care, your acrylic signs will provide a stunning yet professional look on a clear rigid material.
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Polished-Edge-Gallery-w915-h390-4405.jpg::alt=Acrylic Polished Edge
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Standard-Edge-Gallery-w915-h390-4406.jpg::alt=Acrylic Standard Edge
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Office-Acrylic-Sign-191.jpg::alt=Office Acrylic Sign
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Standoff-Close-Up-194.jpg::alt=Standoff Close Up
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Acrylic-Sign-For-Retail-Store-192.jpg::alt=Acrylic Sign For Retail Store
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Law-Firm-Acrylic-Sign-193.jpg::alt=Law Firm Acrylic Sign
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Acrylic-Room-Number-Sign-195.jpg::alt=Acrylic Room Number Sign
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Concrete-Close-Up-Acrylic-196.jpg::alt=Concrete Close Up Acrylic
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Acrylic-Sign-for-Office-197.jpg::alt=Acrylic Sign for Office
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Outdoor-Acrylic-198.jpg::alt=Outdoor Acrylic
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Acrylic-Sign-For-Concrete-Wall-199.jpg::alt=Acrylic Sign For Concrete Wall
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Acrylic-Sign-234.jpg::alt=Acrylic Sign
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Acrylic-No-Smoking-Concrete-Mount-235.jpg::alt=Acrylic No Smoking Concrete Mount
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Acrylic-With-Standoffs-236.jpg::alt=Acrylic With Standoffs
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Acrylic-Standoffs-Close-Up-237.jpg::alt=Acrylic Standoffs Close Up
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Standoffs-Close-Up-298.jpg::alt=Standoffs Close Up
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Acrylic-Side-Close-Up-238.jpg::alt=Acrylic Side Close Up
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Acrylic-Office-Sign-272.jpg::alt=Acrylic Office Sign
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Custom-Acrylic-Sign-Receptionist-Lobby-279.jpg::alt=Custom Acrylic Sign Receptionist Lobby
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Acrylic-Sign-6262.jpeg::alt=Acrylic Sign
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Acrylic-Sign-on-Wall-6261.jpeg::alt=Acrylic Sign
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Business-Acrylic-Sign-6264.jpeg::alt=Acrylic Sign
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Business-Acrylic-Sign-6265.jpeg::alt=Acrylic Sign
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Church-Acrylic-Sign-6266.jpeg::alt=Acrylic Sign
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Office-Acrylic-Sign-6267.jpeg::alt=Acrylic Sign
- src=https://www.signs.com/content/assets/filelibrary/Office-Acrylic-Sign-6268.jpeg::alt=Acrylic Sign
- bAIrABl88pg::Fabrication Options
- wllOUfVmiYs::Maintenance & Care
- 8XbPFzbZTCg::Removal & Storage
Next Day Production
Order Today, Ships Tomorrow.
Easy, Fast, Award-Winning
Colors and Design Specific to Your Acrylic
Frequently Asked Questions
- What can the acrylic signs be used for?
- Acrylic signage can be used in a variety of ways. The most common uses include internal signs in office settings including room plaque and number signs, receptionist areas, building directories, etc. Acrylic signs are also often used for exterior purposes including business signage in commercial business parks and entrance signs. They also look great in professional service settings such as dentist, physician/doctor, lawyer, and accountant’s offices due to their aesthetic appeal and professional look.
- Are your acrylic signs suited for outdoors?
- Yes. Acrylic signs are a great option for both indoor and outdoor uses. While using them outdoors increases the chances of being scratched or damaged they are perfectly capable of being used outside. We would recommend that signs intended for outdoor use be printed “second surface” to help keep the printed portion crisp and free from potential damage.
- Will my acrylic signs fade or scratch?
- In normal everyday usage your acrylic should not scratch. That being said acrylic can be perceptible to scratches. To avoid scratching your sign, take care when handling, posting and storing your sign so that it doesn’t come into contact or rub against other sharp surfaces or objects.
The actual printed area of your sign should not fade over time. We print directly onto the acrylic surface with UV ink which is weather, fade and abrasion resistant. Printed portions of the sign can scratch or rub off. Thus, we recommend printing on the back side of the sign whenever possible.
- Will my acrylic sign bend?
- There will be some bend to your sign. Depending on the size of your acrylic sign you will see more or less bend. It is much more noticeable with larger signs. Whether you order a small or large sign the pliability with the acrylic should not be a concern for day to day use. Acrylic is not glass but a hard plastic. For very large signs we recommend some kind of middle support as well.
- How do I install my acrylic signs / Where can I post my sign?
- Acrylic signs can be placed or posted both inside and out. Regardless of where they might be posted they are generally affixed to rigid surfaces such as wood, metal, concrete or even drywall. We recommend selecting drilled holes and standoffs when ordering your sign so that you can easily post your sign in the desired spot.
The standoffs come with wall anchors and screws that can be used to post your sign. To install your sign you should drill a pilot hole before inserting the anchor. You can then drill your screw into the anchor in the rigid surface. Lastly, screw on the standoff cap for each drilled hole on your sign.
Acrylic signs can also be hung using the drilled holes and a variety of accessories including rope, bungee cord, zip ties, etc. As acrylic signs are generally a more professional sign we recommend mounting them with standoffs to obtain the best look.
- How do I wash my acrylic sign?
- You can clean your acrylic sign by using a non-abrasive wet rag or cloth with water or a mild detergent. Regular cleaning will ensure that your sign and the printed portion of the sign remain clear and vibrant.
- How do I store my acrylic signs?
- Storing your acrylic signs is very easy to do. Simply store them in a cool dry place at room temperature. Avoid scraping or rubbing them against abrasive or sharp objects to avoid scratching. We recommend covering them or inserting some kind of soft fabric in between signs if you are storing more than one together.