Outdoor signs come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. There are little ones such as yard signs and window decals and larger ones such as vinyl banners and advertising flags. People use outdoor signs for a ton of different purposes. Outdoor signs are usually more durable and weatherproof than indoor signs. If you have any questions about which outdoor sign is best for you, feel free to give us a call at 888-222-4929.
If you need help designing your outdoor sign, we have a team of professional graphic designers waiting to help you. Simply fill out the form on our free design services page and they’ll reach out to you shortly to create the perfect design for your needs. Best of all, it’s FREE!
Made from 13 oz or 18 oz vinyl and printed with UV inks that deliver gorgeous, vibrant colors and are also weather, fade, and abrasion resistant. All banners also come with free grommets and welded edges/hems.
Yard signs are made of corrugated plastic and are easily installed using our sturdy, wire ground stakes – simply step the stakes into the ground, then slide the sign onto the stakes, positioning the stake points over the yard sign’s corrugated flutes.
Weather-resistant polyester flag matched with lightweight aluminum and fiberglass poles for durability. Place in grass or soil with the ground stake, or choose additional base options for displaying on hard surfaces and indoors.
The mesh pattern features a 70/30 vinyl-to-holes ratio, with 70% of the banner comprising vinyl and 30% comprised of holes – hence, wind easily passes through. Perfect for chain-link fences and similar settings, they can be hung using grommets or pole pockets.
Primarily used for business/storefront advertising, they also deflect sunlight and provide shade and privacy. Made from perforated, adhesive vinyl material that features one-way vision, allowing customers to view the graphic when approaching your store, but you can see outside the window from within.
Printed directly onto 18-mil aluminum foil, which allows the wall decal to be easily installed and removed on a variety of surfaces such as concrete, brick, stucco, tile, metal, and more. Unlimited color options; able to be cut to shape and available in a wide range of sizes.
Made from an optically clear vinyl material, clear window clings are easily repositionable and completely customizable. Can be displayed on glass, metal, plastic, or any other non-porous surface for temporary or long-term use.
Extremely easy to set up, take down, and move from one location to another as needed.
Available with permanent graphics (Standard) or with corrugated plastic inserts featuring your design (Premium).
Displayed between two poles on a lamp and light posts on main roads, boulevards, and avenues in cities and on campuses. Made from 18-oz vinyl, these banners result in high-resolution, waterproof, and UV-safe graphics.
High-adhesive decals designed specifically for permanent commercial and industrial use. Available in sizes up to 52” x 400” and can be cut to any custom shape.
Large teardrop-shaped flags with your custom design printed on them via dye sublimation. Attached to a lightweight and bendable aluminum & fiberglass flagpole, which keeps the flag taut with and without wind.
High-density 1/2” fiberboard featuring a bonded polymer overlay. The smooth white finish allows for clear printing coupled with excellent durability. We print directly onto the surface of the wooden sign.
Made from 3.5-mil adhesive vinyl, backlit decals enable your sign to shine day or night. Apply to light box sign panels, windows, or other smooth, translucent surfaces for a fantastic light-up effect.
Free Design Services
Let us help you design the perfect sign.
Next Day Production
Order Today. Ships Tomorrow.
You'll love it! We guarantee it!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I find out more information on the specific outdoor sign types?
- Just click on the “learn more” button next to the specific product at the top of this page – we provide detailed information on each type of sign. Also, check out our blog post for a primer on Comparing Outdoor Signs.
- How long does it take to produce (and then receive) my outdoor signage?
- If you order your sign by 9pm EST (our daily cutoff time), your sign will print overnight and ship the following business day. If you select overnight shipping, your outdoor signage will arrive in as little as two days.
- Does your free-shipping offer apply to outdoor signage?
- We currently offer free shipping in the continental United States on all orders over $75 except for any order that includes rigid materials over 36 inches in any direction. So whether or not your sign ships free depends on the size(s) of the item(s) in your order.
- Can I reproduce my design across different types of outdoor signs?
- For the most part, yes, but because our signs differ not just in end use but also in shape and size, keep in mind that small design changes might be necessary to maintain a consistent look. In order to add your design to each sign type, you simply upload your design for each type of signage using our design tool. If you need help with these small tweaks based off the new or additional sign, please contact us for our free design services.
- Do you offer double-sided Outdoor Signs?
- Yes, many of our outdoor signs are available printed double-sided. When designing your sign, you just have to select the double-sided option on our design tool. (Some exceptions to this double-sided option are mesh banners, 13-oz. vinyl banners, perforated window decals and wall decals.) For more information on double-sided options for each sign type, simply click on the “learn more” button next to the specific product at the top of this page, or contact us.
- Are Outdoor Signs exclusively for outdoor use – can I use them inside, too?
- Yes, as long as your sign can fit indoors and it can be safely installed in an interior setting, then you shouldn’t encounter any problems in using your Outdoor Sign inside. A-Frames, for instance, are good examples of signage that can easily work outdoors on a sidewalk and can also be placed in an interior entryway. However, you should avoid using signs designed for indoor use in exterior applications – our posters and foam board signs, for instance, are intended for indoor use only; when exposed to precipitation or high winds, they’ll likely be damaged.
- The area where my store is located typically experiences harsh weather conditions – is one type of Outdoor Sign better than another for these types of conditions?
- So, this depends upon how you’re defining “harsh” conditions – at her harshest, Mother Nature will challenge even the sturdiest Outdoor Sign. That said, rigid signs will typically be better able to withstand harsh conditions than, say, flags and banners; and metal signs will generally be the most durable when it comes to rigid signage.
Also keep in mind that there are steps you can take to increase the “staying power” of certain sign types: For our feather flags, for instance, you can add an optional cross base with water bag – this adds 16 pounds of weight to your flag, for added security during windy conditions. Similarly, our A-Frames can be filled with water or sand for added stability. And you can choose optional heavy-duty stakes (1/4-inch steel base) when ordering our yard signs, providing additional stability against wind and other elements.
- Can outdoor signs be moved once they’re been placed – or are they permanently installed?
- Most of our Outdoor Signs can be moved once installed. Their portability, of course, depends upon what type of sign they are. A-Frames and Yard Signs, for instance, are easily transported from one location to another, and our Window Clings can easily be moved from one window to another. Meanwhile, with Feather Flags and Teardrop Flags you might only have to first remove them from their bases; and banners can simply be untethered from their current hanging place and repositioned elsewhere. On the other hand, our Perforated Window Decals, Clear Window Decals, and Permanent Decals are not re-usable once they’ve been installed.
- Are there any size restrictions on my outdoor signs?
- If you’re asking about production limitations, here at Signs.com we can typically accommodate whatever size you might need. For instance, we can produce our aluminum signs as large as 48” x 96”; our clear window decals as large as 57” x just about any size you might need; and our vinyl banners as large as 10’ x 165’ (seamless)! A few sign types are more limited size-wise by their very nature – our A-Frames, for example, are only available with 24” x 36” graphics, and the maximum size for our Pole Banners is 30” x 96.” But you can rest assured we’ve been diligent in making certain that we can satisfy nearly any typical customer request!
Another factor you might need to take into consideration, however, are local/community sign codes and regulations. These will typically regulate the physical dimensions, as well as type and location, of signage that a business can have placed on its property. You can usually find these regulations on your community’s government website (typically listed under “permits & codes,” or “codes & ordinances”).
- How do I install my outdoor sign?
- Your installation options will vary by sign type and your installation site. Our banners, for example, feature free grommets, making it very easy to use cords, strings, or bungees to attach them to a stationary object, such as a pole. Or use screws and washers to install your banner to wood or concrete, or zip ties or string to fasten the banner to fences or between posts. For more detailed installation information by sign type, click on the “learn more” button next to the specific product at the top of this page.
- How do I care for and maintain my outdoor sign?
- This will vary with the type of Outdoor Sign you purchase. For our extremely durable Aluminum Signs and Permanent Decals, all you really need to do is wipe them with soap and water when they get dirty. A-Frames and Yard Signs clean up with warm water and a mild liquid detergent. Our Feather Flags and Teardrop Flags are machine washable. For more detailed information, click on the “learn more” button next to the specific product at the top of this page.