Most Popular Templates During this Time
A-Frames, also known as sandwich board signs, are an easy and affordable way to advertise your business or event. The durable thick plastic frame allows them to be placed both indoors and outdoors in any conditions except extreme weather. They are also extremely easy to set up, take down, and move from one location to another as needed.
Our Standard A-Frame comes with permanent decals that are placed directly on either side of the frame. Additional or replacement permanent decals decals can be applied directly on top of previous decals if you need to change messaging. Our Premium A-Frame comes with corrugated plastic inserts that easily slide in and out of the A-Frame using tabs on the sides to keep them in place. Order multiple signs and change messaging in a matter of seconds as often as you want!
- High-adhesive Decal
- White Frame
- 18 lbs. + 10 lbs. if Sand/Water Added
- Non-removable Graphic
- 24” x 36” Graphic
- Indoor/outdoor Use
- 4mm Corrugated Plastic Insert
- White or Black Frame
- 20 lbs. + 10 lbs. if Sand/Water Added
- Removable Graphic
- 24” x 36” Graphic
- Indoor/outdoor Use
Need replacement signs, also known as ‘inserts’, for your existing A-Frame
sign? Whether you have a standard or premium A-Frame, you can order signs to
change your A-Frame’s messaging. For standard frames, choose the high
adhesive decal option below. For a premium frame with tabs, choose the
corrugated plastic option below
High-adhesive decals are for the standard A-Frame sign.
Corrugated plastic inserts are for the premium A-Frame sign.
The combination of high-quality plastic and added weight from sand/water makes these signs perfect for outdoor use. Rain or shine, your A-Frame sign can endure it all.
The collapsible A-Frame and convenient handle make it easy to move your sign from one location to another. Stacking lugs also make storage for one or more A-Frames as easy as can be!
Because every A-Frame is double-sided you can make sure everyone sees your message! Print both sides the same or customize each side for no additional charge.
Store your signs and use them as you always have, place a new decal over top the existing one (standard frames), or swap inserts (premium frames) to change your messaging and use your A-frame signs for years to come.
Next Day Production
Order by 9PM EST and we’ll have your A-frame sign completed and shipped
within 2 business days.
Free Shipping over $75*
For A-frame signs or orders over $75 your order ships free!
*Excludes rigid signs over 36" in either dimension
Award-Winning Customer Service
Winners of numerous customer service awards, our customer experience team keeps you as their number-one priority throughout your entire experience with Signs.com.
18 lbs. (Weight does not reflect when the frame is filled with water or sand which can add 10 additional lbs if full.)
3” when folded.
Durable heavy duty plastic frame, regressed double sided sign area (24”x36”). Foldable with molded handle for easy grip and carrying. Fillable frame for greater stability. Permanent adhesive or swappable corrugated plastic graphics. Portable.
Indoor/Outdoor. Trade shows. Sidewalk advertising. Daily specials and menus for restaurants. Point-of-purchase displays. Event and foot traffic. Directional Signage.
4-color printing, matte lamination over graphic.
5+ years with proper placement and care.
45"H x 25"W x 3"D - Frame; 24" x 36" Graphic Area.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an A-Frame sign?
- A Frame signs are foldable signs typically used for sidewalk advertising by retail businesses and others that rely on foot traffic. One or both sides of the “A-Frame” can have a graphic or advertisement. The signs can be used indoors and outdoors. When used for the latter, the frame itself can be filled with sand or water to provide extra weight for stability.
- Are ‘A-Frame signs’, ‘sandwich signs’ and ‘sandwich board signs’ the same thing?
- A-Frame signs, sandwich signs or sandwich board signs are, for all intents and purposes, the same thing. All three terms can be used interchangeably. These terms refer to a foldable sign most commonly used on sidewalks outside retail stores. While the terms are interchangeable, the frames of these signs can be plastic (like ours), wood or even metal. Further, graphics/signs can be adhered via Velcro, adhesive or very rarely slid into the frame itself. Our signs, whether called A-Frame or sandwich board, are of the plastic variety and the graphic, depending on which you choose, is either an adhesive decal or changeable corrugated plastic graphic held in place by tabs.
- Is it actually durable for outdoor use? Is it stable?
- Yes! Our A-Frame signs can be used outside year round. The frame itself is made of heavy duty plastic that is 1.5” thick on each side, for a total of 3” thick. Additionally, the frame can be filled with sand or water to provide stability for the sign. Each side of the frame can hold an additional 5 lbs. of sand or water. We do not recommend using water during sub-freezing temperatures to avoid expansion and cracking of the sign. Lastly, the adhesive decal graphic option will be covered with laminate to provide durability while the corrugated plastic graphic is also covered with a laminate and can easily be removed and swapped out for another graphic if needed. We would recommend not using the sign during serious precipitation or severe weather.
- Is the the actual frame/sandwich board too heavy to easily move around?
- With no water or sand inside the frame it weighs only 18 pounds. This weight ensures a long lasting sign but is also light enough to be easily repositioned and/or stored as needed.
- Are your sandwich signs one-sided or double sided?
- All of our sandwich board signs are double sided. If you want the same graphic on both sides, simply add one design and checkout and we’ll automatically put the graphic on both sides of the A-Frame. If you want a different graphic on one side, simply select the option for "Two Sides Different" and then click the “Back Side” button on the design tool and design it as you wish. We’ll then make sure each side displays your respective designs.
- How is my graphic(s) attached to the A-Frame sign?
- We offer two different graphic options for your custom A-Frame signs.
The first is a corrugated plastic “insert” that slides into the indented area of the A-Frame. Tabs on either side of this area slide over the top of your graphic to hold it firmly in place. The obvious advantage of using this type of A-Frame sign is the ability to regularly swap out graphics as sales, seasons or marketing messages change.
The other option for your graphic is to have it printed on a 4 mil permanent adhesive vinyl. The graphic is then applied to the sign area on the frame. While this graphic is less versatile than the corrugated plastic graphic, if you’d like to change your graphics you can purchase additional decals to lay over top the previous ones. Doing so still gives you a great looking sidewalk sign with zero indication that the graphic was previously different.
- Is there anything over top of the graphic to protect it?
- Yes. The adhesive graphic(s) option will be covered by a matte laminate to help protect it against elements when used outside as well as unintentional scratching, rubbing, etc. The removable corrugated plastic graphic option can easily be removed and changed out if desired. It is also covered by a very thin laminate to protect it. Nonetheless, it is intended that these signs are to be used outdoors in all situations except severe weather of any type.
- How big is the sign area? Can this be changed?
- The actual sign area for your custom graphic is 24” wide by 36” high. This area and the sandwich board sign itself (25” wide x 45” high) is not customizable.
- Do you offer different sizes for your sandwich signs?
- We currently only offer the standard 25”x45” sandwich board sign.
- Can my graphics be smaller than the actual sign area? Can they be cut to shape and then applied?
- The graphic area for both types of A-Frame signs will always be 24” wide by 36” high.
However, for the Standard white A-Frame sign, the parts of your design that you leave white will end up blending in fairly well with the frame. Therefore, you can make your design whatever shape you’d like within that 24”x36” area and it will give the appearance of being a smaller graphic or cut to shape.
The best looking sign will still be one that uses a full 24”x36” graphic.
Please note that this is not possible on the Premium A-Frame Signs. The corrugated plastic graphic needs to be exactly 24”x36” in order for the graphic to work properly with the frames.
- Do you offer chalk or dry erase A-Frames/sandwich board signs?
- No. We currently do not offer either chalk or dry erase based options for your custom A-Frame sign. If you are interested in these products please contact us so we can offer these in the future!
- Do you offer metal A-Frame signs or other any other type of A-Frame signs?
- Currently we only offer the heavy duty plastic A-Frame sign as seen on this page. We’ve found this to be the best all around A-Frame sign due to its durability, ease of use, and ability to be a double sided sign with large graphics. Many of the alternatives are disappointing in terms of performance (cheap/thin metal or wooden frames) or a hassle to use. We do hope to offer similarly durable A-Frame signs that feature chalkboard and dry erase functionality in the future.
- Do you offer black or other colored options for your sandwich board signs?
- Currently we offer only the white plastic sandwich board signs for the laminated adhesive graphic. These are referred to as our “Standard” A-Frame signs. The corrugated plastic graphic A-Frame sign can either be a white or black plastic frame. These are referred to as our “Premium” A-Frame signs. Though either of the signs allows you to fully customize the color of your image and the messaging for your sign on the graphics themselves.
- What is the lifespan of your sandwich signs?
- Our sandwich board signs should last at least 5+ years whether used outside or inside as long as they are cared for properly. In many cases, this lifespan is significantly longer, but will depend largely on what kind of constant conditions it is used in and the care of the frame/graphics.
- Does the A-Frame sign have wheels on the bottom of it?
- No. As pictured on this page there are no wheels on the bottom. It does have a molded handle at the top of the frame for easy carrying and positioning. We’ve found that an A-Frame with no wheels is more likely to remain stable while the handle still provides easy storing and moving.
- What if my graphics for the A-Frame sign have more than 2 colors? Will it cost more?
- No. We print all of our signs in full color. So, no matter how many colors your sign(s) may have, your cost will not go up. Your cost will be determined by the quantity you order, the shipping options you choose as well as any applicable taxes.
- Do I have to use one of your templates for my custom signs?
- No. We have a wide range of templates available for you to use or start your design with. Alternatively, you can contact us to take advantage of free design services from one of our professional designers or upload your file(s) to our design tool to create your custom A-Frame signs.
- Do you offer alternate sandwich board signs with rotating or swinging sign areas?
- No. At the current time we only offer the sandwich boards on this page as described. Each side has a regressed sign graphic area for your sign to feature either the adhesive decal or corrugated plastic insert. The double sided functionality offsets the need for a rotating or swinging aspect of the sign. Through years of experience, feedback from our customers, and our own use, the sign we offer has proven to be far more durable and just as effective.
- What about sandwich board signs with replaceable letters?
- We do not currently offer changeable letter signs in either the sandwich board variety or otherwise. We would recommend a chalkboard or dry erase alternative in the case the messaging needs to change frequently.
- Is there any assembly required with the sign?
- No. With either option, the sign comes ready to use with your graphics already installed in the sign. Simply unfold the sign, decide whether you need to ballast it with sand or water and then set it and forget it.
- Are the graphics replaceable, or do I have to purchase a new sandwich board?
- If you select the adhesive decal the only way to change the graphic is to put another adhesive decal over the top of the original. If done well there is no noticeable indication that an older graphic was used. With the corrugated plastic graphics you can switch your signs out as often as you’d like assuming you have alternative signs that are the proper size and material.
- Can I use my A-Frame sign outside? Any exceptions or restrictions?
- Yes. Our A-Frame signs are built to withstand both exterior and interior use. In many cases the frame and graphics will do just fine regardless of where you might be located. We do however recommend that you avoid using your sign outside during extreme weather, particularly high winds, heavy rain and sustained cold temperatures.
- How do I make my sign more stable when placed on a sidewalk amongst heavy foot traffic or even windy conditions?
- Our sandwich board signs can be filled with water or sand to provide stability in these situations. Use of either of these options should ensure the sign stays upright and visible to your potential customers. We do not recommend using water when there is danger of sub-freezing temperatures due to potential for the ice to expand and crack the sign frame.
- Can I use the sandwich board signs to put over someone’s shoulders and have them be a “walking advertisement” like you often see in busy public places?
- No. While those signs are sometimes also called sandwich signs, our signs are not intended to be put on a person to become a walking advertisement. Whether for an event, on a sidewalk outside a business or a restaurant, our signs are designed to be stable and stationary!
- Will my A-Frame fade, dent, warp or scratch? What about splintering and rusting?
- The plastic frame itself does have the potential to have scuffs or scratches if not handled well or from falling over while positioned on rough surfaces such as concrete or pavement.
With the exception of an extremely prolonged period of sun exposure, there shouldn’t be any fading or discoloration of the frame. Similarly, splintering and rusting should not be a problem due to the fact that it is made from heavy duty plastic.
Likewise, with the exception of expanded ice causing the sign to warp or crack, the frame should not have problems with warping or cracking.
Overall, the frame itself is incredibly durable. We’ve seen these frames last for 5+ years with proper care despite regular use outdoors.
- What are the typical uses for sandwich board signs?
- The most common and intended use for sandwich board signs is sidewalk advertising for retail shops, restaurants and other businesses with a storefront and the potential to push foot traffic into a physical location. The actual graphics themselves can be used for sales and promotions, daily menu changes and many other purposes when used on a sidewalk.
Beyond being used for sidewalk advertising, these signs are great for events and conferences for traffic control, check in and registration tables, parking, as well as directing attendees. They can also be used as point of purchase signage and even to warn or caution for temporarily dangerous or restricted areas.
- Can I reuse my signs?
- Yes! Our A-Frame signs are extremely durable and can be used repeatedly. Simply store them as per the instructions below and you should have no problem using these signs again and again.
- How do I install my A-Frame sign?
- Installation of our A-Frame signs is as simple as carrying it to the desired location and unfolding it. With weather resistant graphics that are adhered via an adhesive backing (Standard version) or corrugated plastic inserts (Premium version), setting up your sign is as easy as unfolding a folding chair. For windy or other inclement weather, the frame can be filled with sand or water for extra stability.
- How do I store my sandwich signs?
- Storing your custom sandwich sign is as easy as setting it up. Simply fold it up or collapse it and store it in a dry location. We would recommend storing it in the upright position but they can just as easily be stored lying down. The upright position also allows for use of the stacking lugs which are part of the frame’s custom design. These lugs will help interlock multiple frames stored upright to prevent movement that could damage the graphics on the sign frames. If storing them lying down, be aware of placing anything on top of the graphic area of the sign so as to not damage the actual graphics of the sign. This is particularly true if you leave the corrugated plastic version of the graphic in the sign while storing.
- Is there any kind of on-going care or maintenance needed for my A-Frame signs?
- Our A-Frame signs are incredibly durable and designed to be used outdoors. Nonetheless, storing them indoors before any extreme weather will preserve your sign for repeated use over the course of many years. Regular washing of our Standard and Premium signs using a non-abrasive cloth with very mild dish soap can help keep your sandwich board and graphic looking clean and vibrant.
The only on-going maintenance that may be needed is to wipe down the plastic frame of the sign with a wet non-abrasive rag to keep it clean. You can also do the same for either graphic because there is a laminate over top each of them. When wiping down the graphic(s) do not use a soaking wet rag but rather a slightly damp one so as to ensure that no moisture will get underneath the laminate.
Finally and as noted elsewhere, we recommend taking down and storing your sign if extreme weather conditions are imminent. Extreme weather and any kind of intentional efforts to damage the frame could result in a sandwich board sign that is permanently damaged.