- What are these roll labels made from?
Your roll labels can be made from a variety of stock/material types, including the following:
White Premium Sticker Paper - 70lb face stock thickness. Not water or oil resistant. Recommended for indoor use only. Most cost-effective material option.
White BOPP - A glossy white bi-axially oriented polypropylene (BOPP) material with a thickness of 2.6mil. Includes a permanent adhesive and is the most popular choice for roll labels. Water and oil resistant, yet recommended for indoor use only.
Clear BOPP - A glossy clear bi-axially oriented polypropylene (BOPP) material with a thickness of 2.6mil. Includes a permanent adhesive and will have a white layer of ink printed beneath your design to help provide vivid colors. This means any area on the label that includes your design will be opaque and any area that does not will be transparent. Water and oil resistant, yet recommended for indoor use only.
White Vellum - White vellum provides a unique appearance and is typically used on gourmet food and wine labels for its elegant and distinct textured finish. Recommended for indoor use only.
Bright Silver Metallic - Bright silver metallic material with a thickness of 2mil. Includes a permanent adhesive and offers superior tear strength. Provides a mirror-like silver appearance, giving your labels a professional, unique look. Heat and chemical resistant, yet recommended for indoor use only.
- What is BOPP?
- BOPP stands for bi-axially oriented polypropylene. It is essentially a material that is made from stretched polypropylene (a type of plastic). It is water and oil resistant, making it an excellent choice for roll labels. It also includes a permanent adhesive backing, allowing it to adhere to surfaces with extreme durability. It is available in white or clear/transparent, giving you an endless amount of possibilities when it comes to design and application.
- What sizes are available?
Your roll labels can come in a wide variety of sizes. The sizes available are dependent upon the shape you choose and include the following (WxH):
Square - 2”x2”, 3”x3”, 4”x4”
Rectangle - 2”x3”, 2”x4”, 2”x5”, 2”x6”, 3”x2”, 3”x4”, 3”x5”, 4”x2”, 4”x3”, 4”x5”, 5”x2”, 5”x3”
Circle - 2”x2”, 3”x3”, 4”x4”
Oval - 2”x3”, 2”x4”, 2”x5”, 2”x6”, 3”x2”, 3”x4”, 3”x5”, 4”x2”, 4”x3”, 4”x5”, 5”x2”, 5”x3”
Custom - 2”x2”, 3”x3”, 4”x4”
- What shapes are available? Can I get die cut roll labels (custom shapes)?
- You can create your roll labels to have a square, rectangle, circle, oval or even custom shape. Please note that the square and rectangle shapes will come with 1/8” rounded corners, making it easier for you to remove the labels from the roll. If you are interested in doing a custom shape, all you need to do is select the option in the design tool, upload or create your design, and make sure the design is extending to the edges of the roll label canvas. We will then cut your labels around the design you provide, giving them a custom shape.
- What is the unwind direction? Will my dispenser work with these labels?
The unwind direction refers to which direction the labels will appear when unwinding from the roll. We offer the following unwind directions for your roll labels:
Not Important - Select this option if you have no preference in how the labels unwind from the roll.
Off Top - Your labels will unwind from the roll with the top of each label taking the lead.
Off Bottom - Your labels will unwind from the roll with the bottom of each label taking the lead.
Off Left - Your labels will unwind from the roll with the left side of each label taking the lead.
Off Right - Your labels will unwind from the roll with the right side of each label taking the lead.
Our roll labels come with a 3” core and an outer diameter of up to 6”, allowing them to fit most hand-applied dispensers. However, we recommend checking the specifications of your dispenser to make sure it will be compatible with these roll labels.
- Are these suitable for outdoor use?
- While several of the materials available for your roll labels are water and oil resistant, we recommend indoor use only with all material types. This will maximize the lifespan and aesthetic appearance of your labels and reduce the chances of them becoming ripped, torn or faded.
- Can these roll labels be written on?
- You can write on any of the available roll label materials with permanent marker, as long as you allow the writing to fully dry before using the label. Knowing this, you can now create designs with blank spaces meant to include writing. This is great for including additional information on your labels, such as expiration dates or updated sales discounts.
- Are these labels water resistant? Oil resistant?
- The White BOPP and Clear BOPP materials are water and oil resistant, making them great options for food/beverage packaging, jars, bottles and more. We recommend going with one of these two material choices if you expect your labels to come in contact with water or oil at any point.
- How many labels can I order at one time?
- You are able to order roll labels in quantities from 250 to 20,000. Please note that only one design can be included on each roll. If you need multiple designs you will need to order multiple different rolls, each containing the unique design you are in need of.
- How fast can I get my roll labels?
- Your roll labels will be produced within 4 business days from the time you place your order. Once your roll labels are finished they will be immediately shipped out. From there, the time it takes for you to receive your labels will depend on the shipping method chosen when placing your order.