Attention: Wooden Print Production Delay
A stay-at-home order is currently affecting our production of wooden prints. We are estimating a 20 business day production time. We apologize for the inconvenience and will be offering 15% off any wooden print purchases during this time (use code WP15OFF). Thank you for your continued support.
Turn Your Photos Into Beautiful
Maple Wood Prints
- Your Photos On Natural Maple
- Unique Grain & Gorgeous Printing
- Ready & Easy To Hang In Minutes
- View Wooden Specs & FAQ
MAPLE WOOD PRINTS
Your memories and pictures are unique to you. Make a print on wood that’s just as unique. Dye-sublimated printed onto 1/2” maple, our custom prints on wood will last a lifetime and be a gorgeous addition to any room in your home. Due to the grain of the wood, every single print will be unique while beautifully displaying the smallest detail and color of your original image.
A SIZE PERFECT FOR YOU
20 Different Size Options • Unbeatable Pricing Perfect For Any Room
From small wooden prints for an office to large format prints for your home, get the size just right for you and your picture. Get started with one of our custom sizes by clicking the upload photo button below.
WHY WOODEN PRINTS?
Pre-cut keyholes on the backside of
the wood make for easy hanging
within minutes of receiving
Printing your pictures on maple will give it a beautiful and unique look using the natural grain of the wood. No two prints will be exactly the same!
Your wooden print can be printed exactly as you envision it. Printed in one of twenty custom sizes, your print can be a single photo, a collage, or a panoramic shot. Get one for yourself or the perfect anniversary or wedding gift. Customize to your liking and enjoy your print on wood for years to come.
Rest assured that your picture will be printed beautifully right down to the finest of details!
Easy to Clean:
With infused ink and a protective and subtle laminate covering, your custom wooden print is easy to clean. Keep it in pristine condition with only a minute of effort by gently wiping it down with a damp non-abrasive cloth. Years later it will still be as gorgeous as the day it arrived.
With ink infused into the wood through dye sublimation printing, your custom wooden print will last for years to come with no fading or peeling of your printed photo.
HANGING YOUR WOOD PRINT
From the box to your wall in less than 5 minutes, each custom wood print has a pre-cut keyhole on the backside of your print that allows for easy hanging and display of your memory on gorgeous maple.
75,000+ HAPPY CUSTOMERS AND COUNTING...
“Great experience. Super easy web tools. Great prices”
- Danny Fusco
“I am extremely impressed by the customer service and quality offered by signs.com
- Christos Hamawi
and have used your product and services for over 4 years now.
Keep up the great work!”
“Nice Website, Easy to Use.”
- David Osborne
“Pleasant experience, good product, good customer service,
- Tracie Terrell
would purchase from them again.”
“We received it earlier than expected and was very pleased
- Erica Beasley
with the quality of the design & sign itself!
It was so easy to design and order that we will
definitely keep signs.com as a vendor for any and all sign purchases.”
“Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Excellent work! Thank you so much!”
- Grant Nielsen
“Great product, fast shipping and great value! Will order again!”
- Jason Smolarek
“It was so easy to have your designer Marcel
- Jo Hunt
work up what we needed and he did a great job!!
Just what we wanted - good quality, fast turnaround... Highly recommend...”
“Very simple interface. Hope the quality of the sign is just as good as the purchasing experience!”
- Julie Miller
“Thank you Bo. You definetly got us what we needed.”
- Kami Doxey
“Great product at a great price. Signs.com will be my “go-to”
- Kelly Johannessen
company for all future signage.”
“Great shopping experience. Great product,
- Larry Schmaltz
excellent service. Thank you.”
“I've tried multiple products and so far have loved every one, they turn out very professional.
- Lerin Madole
The website's easy, self-serve design keeps me coming back for quick orders every time!”
“I have ordered several products from signs.com and am always happy with the product!”
- Sonya Fox
“Awesome prices and site!”
- Tisha Keller
“Extremely easy-to-use website, even for a Senior citizen :-)”
- Tom Schell
Why Buy From Us?
One Day Production
Order Today. Ships Tomorrow.
25+ Years Experience
Years of experience, expertise and beautiful prints.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
You’ll love it! We guarantee it!
Free Photo Retouching
Make your picture perfect for free.
½” thick wood made up of nine layers of 60% Polish Birch and 40% Alder with a gorgeous maple face with a unique grain for beautiful printing.
½” maple-faced wood.
Printed on ½” maple-faced wood with a protective laminate and pre-cut keyhole mounts for quick and easy hanging.
2+ years with proper placement and care.
Recommended for interior use only. Home decor, offices, conference rooms, reception areas, hallways, classrooms, art galleries, and an endless list of personal and professional settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of wood do you use for your wooden prints? Do you offer additional wood options?
Our wooden prints are crafted from a combination of 60% Polish Birch and 40% Alder. In addition to the nine layers that make up the print there is a maple face that allows your image or photo to appear in clear detail while allowing the unique grain of the maple faced wood to show through. We do not currently print on any other types of wood.
- If your prints are made from maple why do the sides show layers?
Our wooden prints are in fact made up of a number of layers of Polish Birch and Alder to give the edges of your finished piece some additional interest. The face of the wood is a maple surface that allows for beautiful grains and printing. Each gorgeous print will have a unique grain, a smooth finish and extremely detailed printing. We’re 100% confident that you will not be disappointed in the beauty of your wood photo print.
- Are wooden photo prints the same as your wooden signs?
- While both are made from wood, our wooden photo prints are not the same as our wooden signs. Custom wooden prints are made from a combination of Polish Birch and Alder with a maple face to form a ½” thick piece of wood. They are specifically designed for indoor decor purposes and not outdoor use. These custom wood prints come in a wide variety of square and rectangular shapes but cannot be cut to shape. In most cases the unique grain of the wood will be visible on your wooden print.
Alternatively, wooden signs are constructed from a ½” high-density fiberboard with a bonded polymer overlay. Wooden signs can be cut to relatively any shape and are offered with drilled holes for hanging. These wooden signs are primarily used for outdoor use such as construction sites, farms, outdoor business signs and more. The grain of the wood is not visible due to the polymer overlay.
- Are wooden prints treated with anything before an image is printed?
- The wood is not treated prior to printing. It is sanded to provide a smooth finish for printing on.
- How is my picture or photo printed on wooden prints?
- A dye sublimation process is used to infuse ink directly into the wood grain, resulting in a vibrant, permanent image while still allowing for the unique grain to appear through much of the printed areas
- Do wooden prints have a lacquered or laminate finish? Glossy or matte?
- After your image is printed onto the wood, a clear, protective laminate is adhered to the surface to preserve the quality of your photo. This laminate is so incredibly thin that it is not noticeable without an intentional effort to examine it. It will definitely not be obvious or visible to the naked eye.
Apart from the laminate, there is no lacquered finish. The appearance of your print will definitely have a more matte appearance than a glossy one.
- Are the edges of the wooden print rough or are they sanded / laminated?
- The edges of your wood picture are sanded to a smooth finish. The finish of the edges will show the cross sections of the layers of the wood adding additional interest and beauty to the finished product.
- Does the wood grain show through both dark and light colors?
- The grain of the wood will be more visible through lighter colors than darker colors. Take this into consideration when designing your wooden picture. If your print has areas of dark colors that you wish to have the grain appear, we suggest lightening or increasing the opacity of those areas before uploading the image to our design tool. If you need help adjusting the color or opacity of the photo, we have free design services to assist you.
- Will the wood grain affect the quality of my printed photo or image?
- The wood grain will not affect the quality of your printed photo or image. In fact, the grain adds to the image by making each wooden print unique.
- Can I choose the grain of my wooden print?
- Because the top layer on which we print is made of real, natural maple, the grain of each of our prints is 100% unique. As such, there is not a possibility of choosing the grain of your print. However, we take great care to make sure that the grain we select will be beautiful with your print. This true uniqueness of your grain will ensure you get a wooden print that is purely yours.
- What size options are available for wooden prints? Any custom size? Are there size restrictions?
- Wooden prints are offered in a variety of sizes, that are listed below. We do not currently offer custom sizes at this time. Though we plan to offer this in the future. If you need help resizing your photo to fit our available sizes please contact us for free design services.
Standard Sizes: 5” x 7”, 7” x 5”, 8” x 10”, 8” x 12”, 10” x 8”, 10” x 15”, 10”x 20”, 10” x 30”, 11” x 14”, 12” x 8”, 12” x 18”, 12” x 24”, 14” x 11”, 15” x 10”, 16”x 16”, 16” x 20”, 16”x 24”, 18” x 12”, 20”x 10”, 20” x 16”, 20” x 24”, 20” x 30”, 24” x 12”, 24” x 16”, 24” x 20”, 30” x 10”, 30” x 20”
Square Sizes: 5” x 5”, 6” x 6”, 8” x 8”, 10” x 10”, 12” x 12”, 20” x 20”
- Can I order a wooden print that is engraved, routed or dremeled?
- All of our photo prints are print-only and do not include engraved, routed or dremeled detail.
- Are there mount options available for wooden prints? Do you offer stands or easels to prop them up?
- Each wooden print comes with two pre-drilled keyholes on the back of the print, allowing for easy display. These pre-drilled keyholes will allow for both landscape and portrait hanging of your custom wooden print. At this time we do not offer stands or easels to display your wooden print. We do offer an easel display option for our matte, metallic and glossy photo prints.
- Are wooden prints brittle? Should I be concerned about my print breaking?
- Wooden prints are comprised of nine layers of Polish Birch and Alder with a maple face to form a solid wood piece. Due to this layered composition, wooden prints are extremely durable. The inclusion of Birch adds to the strength of your print when compared to a print only using Alder. As such, you will not have to worry about your print chipping or breaking as long as it is handled correctly.
- Do you offer wooden print collages or multi-panel wooden prints?
- Yes, we offer both! Though we don’t offer any preset templates or collage designs, we can help you create one. All you need to do is contact us and explain what you’re looking for, or send us the files for your collage or multi-panel display, and we’ll design and arrange them for free.
- Can I order a double sided wooden print?
- Because wooden prints are most commonly hung or displayed on a flat rigid surface such as a wall we do not offer double-sided wooden prints at this time.
- Should I use a certain file type for uploading an image or photo to your design tool? Is there a file size limit?
- Our design tool accepts a wide variety of file formats, including AI, .EPS, .PS, .PDF, .JPEG, .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, .BMP, .TIFF, .TIF. We recommend using the file type that offers the greatest clarity and resolution for your photo. Often times this will be a high-resolution JPG file from a digital camera. There is a 25MB file size limit for uploading to the design tool. To include a high-resolution photo that is more than 25MB, simply upload a low-resolution version of that same file when designing your print. When checking out, include in the customer comment section that you are uploading a high-resolution file. After your order is complete, upload the high-resolution file to upload.signs.com. Here you can include your order number and and other comments about your file. We’ll the replace the low resolution file with the higher resolution one to make sure your wooden print shines!
- Is there any limit to what I can print?
- The sky's the limit to what you can print as long as you’re in line with our terms of service. We do retain the right to cancel any order that violates our terms of service. We also remind you that our terms of service require that you as the buyer have all permissions needed to print copyrighted materials.
- Can I print my Snapchat, Instagram or Facebook pictures directly on wood?
- Yes, we can help you upload your Facebook, Instagram, or other social media photos for printing on wood. Contact us for help if you’re doing this and we’d be happy to assist you free of charge.
- Can I connect my social accounts directly to your site in order to select the images I want?
- We do not currently offer this option to directly connect our design tool with your preferred social media accounts. We hope to offer this in the near future.
- Is the wood used from your prints contributing to deforestation?
- No. The wood used in the construction of our prints carries the Forest Stewardship Council ecolabel which signifies that the wood is harvested from well-managed forests. This is independently certified and you can rest assured that the wood is harvested in an environmentally friendly way.
- Will the image quality fade over time?
- Since the image is infused into the wood using dye sublimation, it will not fade over time. The protective laminate also helps prevent your print from fading.
- Are wooden prints suitable for humid climates? Are they weather/waterproof?
- Wooden prints are suitable for displaying in humid climates. Even though they can be displayed in such environments, wooden prints are not completely waterproof. Wooden prints that are put in contact with liquid should be placed in a dry area to air dry. If necessary, wipe the print of any excess liquid from the print before setting aside to dry.
- Can I display my wooden print outdoors?
- While it’s not ideal to display them outdoors, it is possible. If displaying outdoors, do so in favorable weather conditions and away from areas where they can be easily knocked down. Do not place wooden prints near open flames or areas of intense heat. We recommend that they only be used indoors.
- What are wooden prints typically used to display?
- Wooden prints are perfect for indoor decor in family and living rooms, studies, kitchens, kids’ bedrooms, hallways, and virtually any other room in a home. We’ve seen wooden prints used for family portraits, wedding photos, landscape photos, and architecture images amongst many others.
Professional environments are also enhanced with custom wooden prints. Place them in offices, hallways, reception areas, lobbies, and conference rooms. Display photos of floral arrangements, scenery, inspirational quotes, buildings, and company logos and branding.
- How do I hang my wooden print?
- Wooden prints have pre-cut keyholes that allow for quick and simple hanging on walls. Place a nail or screw into the wall and then use the keyhole to hang the print on the nail or screw. A picture of these pre-drilled keyholes can be seen higher up on this page.
- How do I clean my wooden print?
- All you need to clean your print is water and a cloth. Dampen the cloth with water, then wipe away any dirt from the surface of your print. Take care not to use heavy cleaners or detergents, as they can damage the print.
- Are wooden prints fireproof?
- Wooden prints are not designed to be fireproof. We highly caution against placing or hanging a wooden print near an open flame or excessive heat.
- What is the best way to store or transport my wooden print?
- When not on display, store your wooden print in a location where it will not be damaged, like on a shelf or in a box. When storing, wrap the print in a cloth or protective material to prevent it from being damaged or scratched. Also wrap the print when transporting to ensure it is safe in transit. Do not place objects on top of your wooden prints if stored flat. They are not intended to be weight-bearing.