Attention: Metallic Photo Print Production Delay
High demand is affecting our production of metallic photo prints. We are estimating a 10 business day production time. We apologize for the inconvenience and will be offering 15% off any metallic photo print purchases during this time (use code METALLIC15). Thank you for your continued support.
CUSTOM METALLIC PRINTS
Though unknown to most, metallic photo paper provides a richer and more vibrant appearance than even traditional photographic paper. This stunning material is used by professional photographers, studios and printers like Signs.com to create paper-based prints that are unparalleled in color, quality and vibrancy. Using a patented and proprietary combination of film and laminate layers, metallic prints will give your photos a depth and metallic reflection not seen in any other type of print. This archival-quality photographic paper is tear and curl resistant and is graded to last 100+ years!
SIZES THAT SUIT YOU
Your Memories On Stunning Metallic Photo Prints
From standard sized 4x6 pictures to oversized prints for the walls of your home we can print your metallic photo prints in any size. No matter your desired size, we know you’ll love the quality, depth and richness of your print on metallic paper. We’re so certain you’ll be amazed at the photo quality, we back it with our 100% satisfaction guarantee!
WHY METALLIC PAPER?
Used By Professionals Worldwide:
Metallic photo paper isn’t bought at your local drugstore. It’s used by
professional labs, museums and high-end print shops. Now you can order
prints of your favorite pictures on the same material used by professionals!
The film laminate layers that help produce what many call a “chrome on paper” look also lend to incredible durability, curl and tear resistance. Graded to 100 years as an archival-quality paper, with proper care, your print will literally last a lifetime in your home!
The properties and quality of metallic paper will give you the closest true photo on paper of any type of print. With an increased color gamut, higher color saturation, rich blacks and exceptional sharpness, the depth, clarity, richness of color, and overall appearance of metallic prints is beauty on paper in its purest form.
Distinctive Metallic Appearance:
There’s no doubt metallic paper photo quality is second to none. Even better is the glossy and ultra-bright finish with a distinct metallic look that your print will have. Accomplished with no other type of photo paper, this metallic look will add an extra dimension to your prints - big or small.
Great For Any Image:
The ultra-bright and metallic look of these prints is great for black and white photos, family pictures, landscapes, panoramic shots, fine art, wedding pictures and so much more! Put your pictures on metallic paper and enjoy their pearlescent beauty for a lifetime!
If you have plans to custom mount or frame your print yourself, we will send you the rolled up print and let you get creative.
We will mount your print to ½” or ¼” high-density foam board, giving it a lightweight, but substantial rigid backing.
Easily prop and display your custom metallic print with an easel back that is completely invisible from the front. This lightweight option provides for excellent versatility in displaying your print.
Use the pre-attached French cleat to quickly display your metallic print on any non-porous rigid surface. The peel and stick portion of the French cleat is quickly put in place and your print hung in a matter of minutes.
You’ve made memories, you’ve got pictures, you want metallic photo prints, but your photos need a professional’s touch.
Free Design Help
Let our professional graphic designers help you out and make your picture as awesome as the memory itself. We offer free retouching services for your pictures. Start the process today by clicking below.
75,000+ HAPPY CUSTOMERS AND COUNTING...
“Great experience. Super easy web tools. Great prices”
- Danny Fusco
“I am extremely impressed by the customer service and quality offered by signs.com
- Christos Hamawi
and have used your product and services for over 4 years now.
Keep up the great work!”
“Nice Website, Easy to Use.”
- David Osborne
“Pleasant experience, good product, good customer service,
- Tracie Terrell
would purchase from them again.”
“We received it earlier than expected and was very pleased
- Erica Beasley
with the quality of the design & sign itself!
It was so easy to design and order that we will
definitely keep signs.com as a vendor for any and all sign purchases.”
“Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Excellent work! Thank you so much!”
- Grant Nielsen
“Great product, fast shipping and great value! Will order again!”
- Jason Smolarek
“It was so easy to have your designer Marcel
- Jo Hunt
work up what we needed and he did a great job!!
Just what we wanted - good quality, fast turnaround... Highly recommend...”
“Very simple interface. Hope the quality of the sign is just as good as the purchasing experience!”
- Julie Miller
“Thank you Bo. You definetly got us what we needed.”
- Kami Doxey
“Great product at a great price. Signs.com will be my “go-to”
- Kelly Johannessen
company for all future signage.”
“Great shopping experience. Great product,
- Larry Schmaltz
excellent service. Thank you.”
“I've tried multiple products and so far have loved every one, they turn out very professional.
- Lerin Madole
The website's easy, self-serve design keeps me coming back for quick orders every time!”
“I have ordered several products from signs.com and am always happy with the product!”
- Sonya Fox
“Awesome prices and site!”
- Tisha Keller
“Extremely easy-to-use website, even for a Senior citizen :-)”
- Tom Schell
Why Buy From Us?
One Day Production
Order Today. Ships Tomorrow.
25+ Years Experience
Years of experience, expertise and beautiful prints.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
You’ll love it! We guarantee it!
Free Photo Retouching
Make your picture perfect for free.
Unmounted: slightly thicker than a standard sheet of copy paper
Mounted on high-density foam board: ½” and ¼”
Digitally printed on professional photo paper to create stunning glossy prints for personal and commercial settings. Multiple display options available.
Large format digital printing
100+ years with proper care and placement
Interior decor for homes, offices, lobbies, hallways, classrooms, art galleries, and an endless variety of personal and professional environments
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the benefits of having a glossy photo over a matte photo?
- Glossy photos offer exceptional color quality, resulting in a crystal clear image. Glossy prints allow photos to have brighter colors and deeper saturation, while enhancing details of the image. Glossy photos are smooth and texture free. Glossy photo prints work great in lower light settings while matte prints are better suited for extremely bright display locations.
- Will a glossy finish affect the quality of my print?
- Though the glossy finish will not alter or diminish the quality of your printed image, the finish will cause glare when light shines directly on the print. To prevent glare, avoid placing glossy photos near or across from lights sources (this includes windows).
- What are the mounting options available for matte prints?
- We offer a few different mounting options, giving you the flexibility to display your print wherever you want. We offer a print-only option that does not include a display, giving freedom in how you want to display it. These will typically need some kind of frame if you intend on displaying the print. Also available are high-density foam board mounts, easel backed mounts, and French Cleat mounts.
Our mounts (also referred to as a backing) are a high-density, lightweight foam board type material that covers the entire back of your glossy print. Our high-density foam board comes in two thicknesses: ½” and ¼”. Both of these options give your print exceptional durability and rigidity for display.
Easel-backed mounts are attached to a high-density foam board mount, which easily folds away when not displayed. The easel-backed mount is hidden from view when display while offering stability for propping up your print.
French cleat mounts are designed for quick and easy mounting of your print on any non-porous, flat wall. This mount comes in two parts: one is pre-attached to the back of your print (on foam board) and the other part attaches to the wall via peel and stick adhesive tabs. Once the mount has been attached to the wall, you can easily slide your print on, instantly securing it to the wall.
- What type of photo paper is used for printing on?
- We use a glossy, archival-quality photo paper for printing. Archival-quality photo paper offers exceptional image clarity and permanence, while providing a long-lasting medium for printing on. This type of photo paper is typically used for printing important documents, professional photography labs, high-end commercial prints, and museum-type prints. This photo paper is designed to last for decades to come.
- Is common photo printer paper the same quality as the paper you use?
- Common photo printer paper is not anywhere near the quality of our professional photo paper, nor would your printer be able to replicate the quality and durability of our glossy photo prints.
- Do you provide frames to display photos in?
- We do not provide picture frames at this time. Our prints are compatible with most picture frames as long as the frame is sized correctly for the print. It’s important to note that prints with a high-density foam board, easel-backed, or French cleat mount may not fit properly in frames. We recommend print-only glossy photos to display in picture frames.
- Do you offer laminated photos?
- We do not offer laminated photo prints. Our glossy prints are printed on a high-quality photo paper, making them fade resistant but not scratch or crease resistant. We recommend handling them with care during display and storage.
- How rigid are the prints without a high-density foam board backing?
- The photo paper used for printing on is thicker than typical printer paper, but is not as thick as 12pt cardstock posters. That is to say that without the high-density foam board backing there is very little rigidity. We recommend wooden prints or metal prints if you are looking for a more rigid print for your home.
- What file type should I use when uploading to your design tool? Is there a file size limit?
- We accept a wide range of file types, including: .AI, .EPS, .PS, .PDF, .JPEG, .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, .BMP, .TIFF, .TIF. We recommend using a high-quality JPG file from a digital camera (if at all possible), as they provide the best resolution for your photo.
The maximum file size limit 25MB. To upload a file that is larger than 25MB, upload a low-resolution version of the same file when placing your order. When you’re on the checkout page, note in the customer comments field that you want to replace the low-res file with a high-resolution version. Once your order is complete, go to upload.signs.com to upload your high-res file. Include your order number (given to you once you complete the checkout process) and any comments about your file. Once uploaded we will then use your high resolution photo when printing your glossy photo print.
- Can I order a print with rounded corners? What about a custom shape?
- We do not offer glossy prints with rounded corners, nor do we offer custom-shaped prints.
- What sizes are available? Can I order a custom-sized print?
- Glossy prints are offered in a range of custom sizes from a small format 6”x6” to a large format 4’x8’ print. Simply remember that the bigger the photo the higher quality your file will need to be to ensure maximum quality.
- Can I print my Instagram, Snapchat, or Facebook photos?
- Yes! We’re currently working on the ability for you to directly link your social media account(s) so you can print your photos with a few simple clicks. But, until that is ready, we can help you upload your Instagram, Snapchat, or Facebook photos for printing. Just contact us and we can work with you to upload those photos.
- Do you offer photo retouching services?
- Yes, we offer free design services that include photo retouching.
- Is there a limit to what I can print?
- There isn’t a limit to what you can print as long as you adhere to our terms of services. We retain the right to cancel any order that violates these terms. Our terms of service require that you as the buyer obtain all permissions needed to print copyrighted material.
- Is my print crease resistant?
- No. Glossy photo prints are printed on a high end photo paper but are still a photo paper. Mishandling or intentional efforts to crease your print can permanently ruin it. Your print should be treated and handled with care at all times.
- Will my glossy print fade?
- No. These prints are produced using professional grade photo paper that is designed to last for many, many years. The print itself should not fade but is not scratch nor crease resistant.
- What are the typical uses for glossy prints?
- Glossy prints are phenomenal for display in personal and professional environments. Glossy prints can be displayed in living rooms, dining areas, kitchens, hallway galleries, nurseries, entryways, and other areas in your home. Glossy photos are perfect for family photos, scenery, landscapes, individual portraits, pets, and cityscapes. The only limiting factor in what can be printed is one’s imagination!
For commercial or professional environments, glossy photo prints can be displayed in lobbies, elevators, corridors, offices, conference rooms, and common areas. Glossy photos are great for displaying company photos, company branding, featured clients, historical photos, buildings, photos of nature, famous landmarks, and more.
- If I roll my print up, will it crease or tear?
- When rolled properly you will not have to worry about your print creasing or tearing. Avoid rolling your print up too tightly or folding your print to ensure that it does not crease. While rolling your print is safe when done correctly, we recommend storing and transporting the print flat whenever possible.
- Will smudges of fingerprints be visible on the print?
- With any glossy-type photo, there is a higher chance of fingerprints and smudges being visible on the surface of the print. We recommend handling your print with care when hanging or displaying to avoid smudging or leaving visible prints. If your print has an optional mount, handle using the surface area of the mount to ensure your print is left pristine.
- Are glossy prints scratch resistant?
- For everyday use you should not have to worry about your print scratching. As with any photo, contact with sharp objects or edges can leave visible and permanent scratches on the surface of the print.
- Can I display my print outdoors?
- Technically speaking your print would do just fine outdoors in perfectly calm weather. Nonetheless, these prints are intended for indoor use only. We do not recommend any outdoor use.
- How do I clean my glossy print?
- We recommend cleaning your print with a dry microfiber or lint free cloth that is non-abrasive. If needed, you can dampen your cloth with water as lightly as possible. A very soft wipe of the print should remove most imperfections. Nonetheless, smudges and fingerprints can be difficult to see from a typical viewing distance and are not typically a problem. Do not use cleaners of any kind when cleaning your print.
- What is the best way to store or transport my print?
- If your print is not attached to a backing or mount, we suggest transporting and storing your print flat whenever possible. You can also place your print in a protective sleeve or envelope to protect it when storing on a shelf or in a box. When a backing or mount is attached, cover the printed surface with a protective cloth or paper to prevent it from being damaged. Do not place heavy objects on top of the print to avoid damaging the surface or backing. Rolling your print is technically an option but can easily cause creases if rolled incorrectly or bent while rolled. The exception to our recommendation to store them unrolled is loosely rolled prints stored inside a protective tube. In this case the potential for damage is far less and offers a suitable storage option.
- How long will my print last for?
- The archival-quality photo paper allows your glossy print to last for at least 100 years when properly cared for.