Posts Tagged Weekly Recap
Signs.com Weekly Recap: May 21 – May 25
This week we celebrated Small Business Week and all the great things that Small Businesses add to our lives and economy. For our U.S. based audience, we want to wish everyone a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend. Here is the weekly recap for this week. Enjoy!
In the News
- The New Environments of Wayfinding Signage
- Seriously great collection of vintage signage
- Navigating the ADA sign regulations
- 4 reasons your retail business should be using signs
- And one very funny sign from the Seattle Airport parking garage to make you smile!
Signs.com Weekly Recap: May 14 – May 18
This week was highlighted by the IPO of a little social media site called Facebook. Not sure if you have heard of them, but I guess it is a pretty big deal (so much so they got slapped by a $15 billion lawsuit the day they went public). Since this week didn’t have much else going on, I am highlighting the best of the web on the Facebook IPO in the Weekly Recap. Enjoy!
In the News
- Creative jabs on Twitter aimed at FB IPO: http://mashable.com/2012/05/17/twitter-facebook-ipo/
- Details of the $15 billion privacy lawsuit: http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/18/16b-should-just-about-cover-it-heres-the-15b-privacy-class-action-complaint-against-facebook/
- Infographic detailing FB’s revenues and valuations: http://gigaom.com/2012/05/18/infographic-a-look-back-at-facebooks-revenue-and-valuations/
- What is the Next Facebook? http://whatsnext.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/18/whats-the-next-facebook-or-is-there-one/?hpt=hp_t1
Signs.com Weekly Recap: May 7 – May 11
This week was fairly quiet on the news front (except for some hotly debated cover on some widely read magazine that rhymes with Signs). Anyway, in case you missed some of our posted articles or some that we thought were interesting, here is our Weekly Recap for your enjoyment. Also, if anyone out there is starting to used Google Currents, you can subscribe to us here.
- Great example of a scrolling website (very populate right now) and it includes some great print industry stats
- Man gets a job by placing himself on a billboard
- Speed limit signs – a history of speeding in the U.S.
- Sweet look at some retro ration posters from WWII
- Hello Kitty takes branding to a whole new level
Signs.com Weekly Recap: April 30 – May 4
Here is the weekly recap for the week of April 30 – May 4. The first week of May concluded with Cinco de Mayo and a thrilling Kentucky Derby, plus some people getting into trouble with their thought on sign rules!
- Man get’s 15 day jail sentence for sign ordinance violation
- Jay-Z takes a stab a graphic design with the Brooklyn Nets new logo
- Woman picks up nearly 2,000 signs and gets arrested
- Ugliest buildings in America?
Signs.com Weekly Recap: April 2 – 6
Happy Easter! Hopefully this weekend is filled with family, Easter Egg hunts and a little Masters watching. While you are relaxing take a look at some of our top stories from the week.
In the News
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce looking to educate SMBs about signage: http://www.uschambersmallbusinessnation.com/toolkits/guide/P03_7035
Really cool collection of sign pictures: http://webdesignledger.com/inspiration/inspiration-type-colors-textures-from-signs
The 10 Commandments . . . of outdoor advertising: http://www.thehangline.com/articles/the-10-commandments-of-outdoor-advertising/
Woman get’s into trouble of lost dog signs: http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_16836.shtml
Infographic – How color affects purchases: http://blog.kissmetrics.com/color-psychology/
The Signs.com Weekly Recap: March 26th – 30th
Here is the Signs.com Weekly Recap for March 26th – 30th (but since we didn’t send out a recap last week, today’s covers two weeks)
Homeowner in Toronto in Battle Over a Sign – Read More
Outdoor Ad Firm Lamar Creates Brilliant Ads for the Milwaukee Library That Take on Social Media – Read More
Best of the International Sign Association’s 2012 Expo – Read More
Like Music? Spotify’s Facebook Timeline Shows Music History Dating Back 1,000 Years – Read More
Inside Best Buy: An Anonymous Store Manager Speaks About Recent Changes – Read More
The Signs.com Weekly Recap: March 12th – 16th
Let March Madness begin! This week the NCAA Tournament kicked off. My bracket is already busted – how about yours? Oh well, more time to catch up on all the great stories of the week. Here is your Weekly Recap for Marth 12th – 16th.
The Signs.com Weekly Recap: February 27 – March 2
This week saw a silent film win an Oscar and a highly popular TV show make a really bad design decision. Here is the Signs.com Weekly Recap for February 27 – March 2.
TAGSBest Practices Box Office Business Lessons Christmas Color Use Current Events Customer Services Entrepreneur family Font Government Harper Grey Holidays Human Resources Humor Interview Marketing Movies News Stories Non-profit Olympics Organizations Pop Culture Retail Insights signage Sign Design Sign History Sign Industry Sign Industry News Signs Signs.com Small Business Small Business Week Social Media Sports Success Stories Thanksgiving Top 10 Signs Trade Shows Typography Valentine's Day wedding Weekly Recap Women's Interest Yard Sale