5 Ways Vinyl Banners Make for the Perfect Signs
If you’re a business owner, a community leader, or an org member, you’re probably aware how essential signs are to your brand or advocacy. But with too many options in the market and with fluctuating budgets, we thought you might need something that helps you meet all your needs.
We’re here to make the case for vinyl banners and why they’re the perfect signs for your business. Check out our list of the advantages of vinyl banners and some useful tips for when you’re ready to design yours.
Advantages of Using Vinyl Banners
Vinyl banners are customization friendly.
With our vinyl banners, your design options are practically limitless because you can customize your signage on many fronts. An ideal printing partner would help you achieve the design you have in mind, if not better, and allow you to customize your vinyl banner’s size, colors, fonts, images, and layout.
Pro Tip: Measure twice, cut once. Figure out the dimensions and the quantity you need before placing an order. Make sure to check if your target location imposes limits on banner sizes.
Vinyl banners are durable and resilient.
At Signs.com, we use 13 oz. and 18 oz. variants of 100% vinyl material. They’re made resilient with weft inserted knits which means they’re quite resistant to tears, punctures, and everyday elements like sunlight, wind, rain, and snow. While vinyl banners are great for outdoor use, you can also use them inside buildings, offices, schools, and lobbies.
Pro Tip: Vinyl banners are durable on their own, but you can reinforce them with details like pole pockets, grommets, strings, and bungees so you can install them properly. Use accessories to secure your vinyl banners on poles, walls, or when hanging them from the ceiling so they won’t budge with a little rain or when people pass by.
Vinyl banners are affordable and cost-efficient.
Vinyl’s tensile strength and resilience allows it to last for years even when used outdoors for long periods. If you want a sign that you want to last a few years, say a big SALE number that you intend to use throughout the year, a vinyl banner will ultimately pay for itself. Vinyl is also a more affordable material compared to mesh and fabric, but it lasts as long, if not longer. And since vinyl banners are quite customizable, you should be able to print them in sizes and quantities that fit your budget.
Pro Tip: They may be tough, but they need maintenance too. With proper care and regular cleaning, your vinyl banners should retain their vividness and stance and last you a few years.
Vinyl banners help you capture your target audience.
Size matters when it comes to advertising, but your banner doesn’t always have to be big for it to catch attention. A well-designed banner will turn heads especially if your target audience sees a compelling headline or an image of a model. If you’re using vinyl banners to boost sales or increase foot traffic, install your sign in a strategic location so your target audience won’t miss it. Vinyl banners are also perfect for reaching those who do not frequent digital spaces so make sure you include important details like your store address, phone number, and business hours.
Pro Tip: Designing a banner sounds like a tall order if you don’t have the training. It’s crucial that your vinyl banner’s design catches the eye of your audience and potential customers. If your budget permits, commission a graphic designer to help you with the artwork. Alternatively, you can try your hand at various basic design software online. At Signs.com, we have an online design tool that you can use on your browser as well as editable templates so you won’t have to start from scratch.
Vinyl banners are versatile and flexible.
Vinyl banners may not sound as fancy as other materials used for signs but vinyl is one of the most flexible options out there. Besides being great for both indoor use and outdoor advertising, vinyl banners are easy to put away and transport, which is ideal if you’re bringing them to exhibits and bazaars.
Pro Tip: Use vinyl banners on the following occasions and up your signage game.
- Branding and marketing campaigns. An event without a banner is like living in a house with no doors — it’s just not complete. Set up a couple of banners and place them tactically in your venue or your store so that they can be captured in photos by your guests and the press. Make sure to place one at the entrance to signal attendees that they’re in the right place.
- Special events and family occasions. Who says signs are just for advertising? Celebrate the important moments in your family’s life by designing a banner for you party. You can create a banner to greet a birthday celebrant, a graduate, or a new pet parent. A nice vinyl banner can also double as a background for photos ops — see, hitting two birds with one stone.
- In-store promotions. Do not underestimate how hardworking a big, bold banner splashed across your store can be. A reasonably-sized red sign that says “SALE” or “CLEARANCE” is unmissable and will invite traffic into your store.
- Community announcements. It’s become easier for most people to rely in online group chats for announcements, but you can be more inclusive if you create signs for important community updates. Keep in mind that not everyone may have access to social media, but you can add a QR code to your signage if you want to circulate a digital version of your announcement.
- Traffic notices and warning signs. Another popular use of vinyl banners is concealing construction sites and preventing the public from entering the area by mistake. They’re also suitable as traffic or wayfinding signs outdoors.
Design your next vinyl banner with a trusted printer like Signs.com. We’ll give you free access to our online design tool and our collection of templates so that you can have a painless designing experience and a smooth checkout process.
How to Make a Vinyl Banner – Signage 101.
Standard Vinyl Banner Sizes – Signage 101.
Signage 101 – How to Hang Your Banner.