Types of Coronavirus Grocery Store Signs
You can utilize an array of sign types throughout your store interior as well as its exterior settings. Consider the following possibilities for your grocery store or supermarket:
Opaque Window Cling - Place these easily removable, adhesive sign solutions on your store window, glass door, or any smooth surface. Printed in full color with fade-resistant UV inks, they’re available in just about any size you might need. Learn More
A-Frame Sign - Thick, durable plastic frames ensure that our A-Frames can be utilized outdoors as well as indoors in practically any condition. Our Standard A-Frame features a non-removable graphic, while our Premium A-Frame features a removable graphic. UV-printed 24 x 36-inch graphic, with matte lamination. Learn More
Poster - You can easily display our posters by standing them against an easel or any other freestanding display. We print directly with UV inks onto sturdy 24pt cardstock, in sizes up to 96 x 48 inches. Multiple shape options available: square/rectangle, rounded corners, circle/oval, custom, and custom with border. Learn More
Vinyl Banner - 13-oz. vinyl material with free grommets and hems. Ideal for large displays. Learn More
Floor Decal - Removable floor sticker made from 3.5-mil vinyl with laminate coating. Can last up to 180 days with care. Learn More
Plastic Sign - Made from high-quality rigid PVC, our plastic signs are available in 3mm and 6mm thicknesses and in sizes up to 48 x 96 inches. Printed with UV inks for resistance to fading, weather, and abrasion. They can be cut to an array of shapes and printed single- or double-sided. Learn More
Aluminum Sign - Weather-resistant and durable, aluminum signs can be installed right on a wall, hung, or placed in a stand. These feature a solid polyethylene core between two pre-painted sheets of .008-inch aluminum; they can be cut in a variety of shapes: square/rectangle, circle/oval, rounded corners, or custom. Learn More
Yard Sign - The vertical fluting on these corrugated plastic signs allow them to be displayed in grassy areas and soil when used in conjunction with optional wire ground stakes. Durable and water-resistant, they can be printed single- or double-sided and cut to shape. Learn More
Foam Board Sign - A combination of a 5mm styrene foam core with a paper face on either side, Foam Board signs are direct printed with fade-resistant UV inks. In sizes up to 96 x 48 inches, printed single-sided or double-sided. Learn More
The sign types featured on this page are ones that are most commonly used for grocery store signage. However, we also offer additional signage that may be used for your needs. To see all of the signs we have to offer, check out our home page.
Categories of Important Grocery Store Signage for 2022
As grocery stores and supermarkets continue to fine-tune their strategy for dealing with COVID-19 and its ramifications, they have found that signage can play a major role. Consider the following categories of signs:
1. One-way aisle signs - To help customers maintain their social distancing as they move throughout the store, these signs serve to route aisle traffic and help prevent “people jams.”
2. Pickup signs - Think Curbside Pickup, Online Ordering, and other similar messages to make sure that customers know where to park/wait to get their groceries, place their orders, and so on.
3. Senior-hours signs - This signage displays the dedicated hour(s) established for those most at risk from COVID-19.
4. No-cash signs - With customers seeking to avoid the handling of “germy” currency altogether, some stores are turning to cashless options only and/or promoting other payment types.
5. Purchase limit signs - Some product categories remain supply-chain challenged, so these signs help in the prevention of hoarding certain goods.
6. Masks-required signs - Requiring employees and/or customers to wear masks helps reduce the spread of COVID-19, and doing so shows that your business and its employees care.
7. Social-distancing signs - Helping ensure customers (and employees) maintain 6 feet or more from each other throughout the store builds confidence in the store and the shopping experience overall.
8. Temperature-check signs - As businesses bring employees back to work, they’ll be establishing a temperature-taking protocol and regularly monitoring employee health.
Where are Some Effective Locations for Grocery Store Signs?
Locations for informative and effectual signage in a grocery store or supermarket are plentiful, whether you’re seeking a temporary or more permanent messaging solution. Here are just a few locations to keep in mind:
1. Store Entrance - Ideal location for Masks Required and Senior Hours signage; consider A-Frames, yard signs, aluminum signs, and plastic signs here.
2. Store Windows - An opaque window cling installed on your grocery store window allows you to promote your Social Distancing message along with revised hours and more. A perforated window decal will showcase your design/message to approaching customers while providing you with a view outside.
3. Ceilings - Hang posters, foamboard signs, and plastic signs from your store’s ceiling to provide customers with easily seen One Way Aisle information. Combine ceiling hangers with floor decals to double-up on your store’s messaging.
4. Interior Store Walls - A store wall is the perfect spot for a poster, foamboard sign, or plastic sign to remind shoppers about social distancing, mask wearing, and other critical reopening messaging. Repositionable wall decals are a good solution as well.
5. Check Out/POS - No Cash and Purchase Limit Signs can be placed right at the checkout queue; utilize posters, foamboard signs, and plastic signage here. Be sure to not impede the checkout process itself (scanning, bagging, payment).
6. Shelf/Endcap - Consider a counter card, poster, or foamboard sign (framed or hung) to reinforce purchase limits on specific products and deter hoarding.
7. Customer Service Desk - Posters, foamboard signs, and plastic signs can be placed in and adjacent to this highly visible store area, which is frequented by customers and employees alike.
8. Parking Lot & Cart Corrals - A-Frames placed in your parking lot can direct shoppers to grocery pickup areas; aluminum signs in cart corrals can do the same. Flag banners can also serve here.
9. Shopping Cart Pickup Lane - This is a good area to place aluminum and plastic signs reminding customers about social-distancing and masks.
10. Employee Breakroom/Commons - Use a mix of posters and foamboard signs to reinforce Temperature Check and Masks Required messaging to your staffers.
11. Restrooms - Beyond Hand Washing signs, your public and employee restrooms are also the place for Social Distancing signage; posters, plastic signs, and foamboard signs can be utilized here.