Free Memorial Day Sign Templates
If you need a quick and easy way to inform your customers of your Memorial Day plans, you have come to the right place.
Whether you are closed for Memorial Day or staying open with a special sale, use one of these free printable template signs to let your customers know.
Have this free template emailed to you
We will email this template to you so you can print it right away (the email should arrive within 15 minutes). We’ll also throw in a coupon for 10% off your next sign purchase!
Navigating Memorial Day as a Business
- Memorial Day – the last Monday in May each year – has traditionally always been a challenging day for retailers and any business open to the public.
- On the one hand, many Americans are off work that day and so they certainly have the opportunity to shop. Plus, savvy shoppers recognize that it’s nearly the end of spring and start of summer, so retailers are often eager to clear their shelves and racks of spring apparel and post-winter inventory to make room for summer goods.
- On the other hand, however, because Memorial Day is a Monday, many shoppers do their shopping on the days leading up to the holiday rather than on the day itself. Plus, Monday tends to be the day many families reserve for their family get-togethers, cookouts, pool parties, etc. And, finally, Memorial Day has the misfortune of falling between two of the biggest shopping holidays of the year, according to the National Retail Federation – Mother’s Day (the second Sunday in May) and Father’s Day (the third Sunday in June) – all of which tends to provide consumers with a “shopping respite.”
- So retailers and other businesses must choose wisely when making the decision to remain open Monday, May 31st or to close that day. In 2021, of course, that decision is made even more difficult due to COVID-19 concerns – will consumers have received their COVID-19 vaccines and race to go out shopping on Memorial Day in your area? Or will they be more cautious in their shopping habits?
- If you believe that your business will be “shopper light” that day, but still want to remain open just in case (you’d hate to miss out on any rings of your cash register!), consider these two options:
- -Remain open your usual Monday hours, but limit your staff that day to just the minimum number of employees. Can you, for instance, open, run, and close the store with just one or two employees?
- -Reduce your hours on Memorial Day to just a half-day or so. Because family gatherings are typically scheduled for after noon, you would likely be safe opening only for the morning “rush” – you might even consider opening an hour earlier than normal.
- If, however, you opt to close for Memorial Day, be sure you give your customers as much advance notice as possible – you don’t want to lose a potential sale if they happen to show up at your storefront on the 31st. Signage can go a long way to help communicate your open/close intentions that day, and that is why we have decided to offer these free downloadable templates. These templates will allow you to quickly put up a notice on what your business’ plans are for memorial day.
Looking for a permanent sign? We can help you with that too!
Individual lettering with no background material. Great for wall quotes. Select from a variety of solid colors of vinyl.
Clear Window Decals
Let the light in! Use clear decals inside facing out or in.
Opaque Window Decals
Use our opaque window decals for interior or external signage, sales, store hours and more.
Clear Window Clings
Easy installation, forgiving, repositionable, and no residue to hassle with.
Opaque Window Clings
Opaque, hassle-free and repositionable.
Sturdy 24 point cardstock posters. Use any custom image or graphic.
Durable plastic with a matte finish. Offered in either 3MM or 6MM.
White Coil Coated. 2MM Thick. Indoor and Outdoor.
3/16" thick with a polystyrene core and high quality, rigid paper faces.
The ultimate in sidewalk signage. Includes durable plastic frame & custom graphic.
13 and 18 ounce vinyl banner for indoor and outdoor use.
Feather Flag Banners
Trade shows, events and more with flexible feather banners and a variety of stand options.