Free Printable Closed For the 4th of July Sign Templates
Happy Independence Day! If your business is taking the day off the 4th of July, use one of these free printable sign templates to let your customers know.
Simply select the template you would like to use below and we will send you an email with a PDF version for you to print.
What the 4th of July Means For Businesses
- Independence Day in the United States is always celebrated on the 4th of July. It is a federal holiday, which means that many workers have the day off. If you run a small business, you can either choose to give your employees the day off, or choose to stay open. Most people love hanging out with friends and family, cooking delicious food, and enjoying a fireworks show on the 4th of July.
- The year 2021 is unique because the 4th of July falls on a Sunday. That means any business that traditionally works 9-5 Monday through Friday will already have the day off on Saturday. Many business owners will choose instead to take Monday, the 5th of July off and give their team a 3 day weekend.
- The businesses that close on the 4th of July are either state or federal jobs like government or education. Many private and public companies choose to give their employees the day off as a paid holiday as well. It is along the lines of Christmas and Thanksgiving, where the many businesses close their doors to give their employees time off with friends and family.
- Most food and fun places remain open on the 4th of July to provide all of those with the day off a place to have a good time on the holiday. It can be a big sales day for your business if you provide the right products or services. Consider having a 4th of July weekend sale.
- Another option is to modify or reduce your hours for the holiday. That way the store can stay open and help some customers, but you and your employees can also enjoy 4th of July festivities later in the afternoon and evening.
- Whatever you choose to do with your business for the 4th of July holiday, let your employees and customers know what your plans are as soon as you possibly can. Downloading one or more of these free templates can help you accomplish that goal.
If you are looking for a permanent sign, we have you covered!
Order your long-term 4th of July sign today and we will ship it out the next business day!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best way to select and download my free template?
- The first step is to look through the templates and decide which one is best for you. When you find the template that you like, click on the thumbnail image of the template. At that point, a window will pop up with further instructions. All you have to do is enter your email address into the form in the window and we will send the PDF file of the image to your email address. The file will arrive in your inbox with a link to download. From there you can use a local printer to print the image on an 11 x 8.5 inch piece of paper.
When you enter your email address to request the template, you will be given the option to join the Signs.com email list. If you choose to join, you will receive emails exclusive to our customers for special deals and discounts.
- How many free templates can I download?
- There is no limit to the amount of free templates that you can download. Choose as many as you would like. Some of the templates compliment each other so you can use them together if you wish.
- Is there a way to customize my free printable sign?
- There is no way to customize the free printable 4th of July sign templates. The team of professional designers at Signs.com made all of these templates from scratch. You can have confidence that the templates are of the highest quality from a design standpoint.
- Where are the best places to hang these printed signs?
- These free 4th of July sign templates can be hung in a variety of places around your store, shop or business. One of the most popular places that the signs are hung up on is the front door of your business. Especially if your door has a window in it. That is a great place to hang your sign since anybody trying to enter would see the sign as they approach the door. Other clever places to hang the signs include front windows, back entrances, and inside of the store to notify employees.
- Will my sign work for years to come?
- The free printable sign PDF files are designed for temporary use. If you print a piece of paper and hang it on your door, it works well for the short term. For the long term, it is a better bet to purchase an opaque window decal or rigid sign to hang in the window. That way it will stay looking nice and professional for years to come.
Another issue with using the same template year over year is that the day of the week changes each year for the 4th of July. This year it is on a Sunday and the common business day that will be taken off is the 5th of July which is a Monday. If the day of the week is mentioned on the sign, you will need a new version of the sign next year.
- Does it matter if I call the holiday The 4th of July instead of Independence Day?
- No. It does not matter. The two names of the holiday are used interchangeably in the United States to recognize the country’s independence.
- What is the best way to get a long term and permanent sign?
- Signs.com has a wide range of different sign types for you to select the perfect sign to use for the long term. The first thing you would do to find your permanent sign would be head to our homepage and choose the type of sign you would like to order. At that point you can select the size and options for the sign you would like. From there you have a few different options. You can use our free design tool to design your sign. Alternatively you can simply select a template or upload your own file to our design tool. The final option would be to contact our team of professional designers and they can help you design your sign, free of charge!